Intermission: Reunited

_____January 24, 1934_____

"To mi Hermano-Mayor,

It's been a while since we last talked. We shouldn't have left you when you needed us the most...

The night you left, I shouldn't have assumed you were fine, I shouldn't have assumed that you were just going out to take a walk.

Mamá may not admit it but she misses you too. She would always carry a photo of you and Papá.

Every day just gets worse and worse with every passing moment.

The Government headed by Senior Bonifacio is hunting down the Spanish mercenaries who hunted high-ranking officers of the Revolutionary Army, it has intensified after the assassination attempt on his life.

May God always bless you, my dear Hermano.

Ang Iyong hermana,
Astrid"

It has been months since they've left the Philippines. Senior Bonifacio sponsored the trip to bring them to safety because of their family's reputation of having two important figures of the Revolution.

Her father, Jose Trivalgar Rivera, and her brother, Cody Henry Rivera.

Her father fought in the revolution, serving as the Secretary of War in the Katipunan Supreme Council with her brother serving as one of Bonifacio's confidants during the the conflict between the two factions of the Katipunan stationed at Cavite.

She admired them for their bravery especially her brother who always seemed to be the black sheep of the family.

The days he spent reading about the French Revolution and the American Revolution under the tree of their homestead.

Those days where he used to help handle the kids whenever they needed some time to themselves.

She missed those days yet when she heard of the Revolution at the Islands of St. Lawrence with a revolutionary leader going the nickname of "Maypagasa". That's when she knows where her brother has run off.

His courage is still prevalent enough to push forward and guide people to fight against injustice.

____________

They arrived at the docks of Cheapsake. Her mother held onto her cane as she saw the flags that represented the three founders of the revolution.

"Welcome to the Islands of St. Lawrence, would you surrender your tickets here," The harbor master said while she and her family surrendered their tickets.

"What would be your name, madam?" The harbor master asked while she looked at him.

"Astrid Samantha Luis Rivera," The harbor master looked surprised as he logged in their names.

Is their last name truly cursed, that they cannot go anywhere without any National Guards trying to arrest them?

"Could you by any chance be related to Secretary Rivera?" The harbor master asked while her mother went in front of them.