Chapter 28: One last time

A Cabinet meeting was ensuing, Ken Drick was sitting on his usual station listening as the secretaries bicker over the big problem of the imperialist.

Over the course of his term, an imperialist movement has begun to pick up. It worried both founders to the point that Cody had to install a secret passageway under the table
in the National Convention hall and Cabinet hall.

Sadly it was only told to a few people since Cody can't trust the cabinet anymore. Before continuing that thought he started coughing, even the secretaries who were still arguing their point stopped. They looked at him. Worry painted on their faces.

"Mr. President are you sure you could continue this Cabinet meeting?"

"Yes, Secretary Garcia please continue with your argument.

As the secretary looks past it, Ken Drick looked down at his hand it was blood. He thought he defeated that demon in the dream realm. His thoughts were interrupted by a familiar voice.

"Your fate is already determined, James."

He looked around the cabinet room frantically as he tried to find the owner of that voice. The Secretaries looked at him with an eyebrow raised. He continues to look around the room.

The circular view of black started to appear. He heard the secretaries started shouting. A familiar voice became more prominent as the sound of the secretaries panicking started to go out.

"Hello old friend"

Ken Drick opened his eyes. It was Dr. Zakriel Rizal. He looked at him and recognized that he is in the realm of dreams. The Doctor smiled as he gave Ken Drick a pat on the back.

"Dr. Rizal, why am I here? I was in the middle of a cabinet meeting."

"Well... you're dying already bud."

"How?"

"Apparently, that shadow wasn't joking when it will give you hell to heart. You only have up to a few days to live." Dr. Rizal said in a sad tone.

"Why did I make that stupid deal!!!!"
Ken Drick shouted as he looked down on the white marble floor and hit his fist against it.

Dr. Rizal looked at Ken Drick with empathy. Ken Drick was one of his most brilliant colleagues in a La-Ligal.

It's something that he admits. He knows that Cody will go next after Ken Drick because brothers always go out together.

He doesn't want to show Ken Drick how he died.

It's poisoning

But he needs to keep this timeline in check, He already saw what happened when both Cody and Ken Drick are still alive, It ain't a happy ending.

Well, he could argue that this one isn't exactly a happy ending for Cody and Ken Drick, because everything they have built falls apart, but he is proud of them because after everything they stayed loyal to the ideals he had placed.

And after everything that he saw in the far future, Cody's friend and brother-figure in the army stay loyal to the ideals that Cody and Ken Drick placed.

He gives his hand to Ken Drick. Ken Drick looks up to him and takes it.

"I can't believe it, I fought through everything, and survived but I'll die because of that bloody deal," Ken Drick said as Dr. Rizal patted him on the back.

The church bells began to chime, they both looked at each other. Ken Drick nodded towards Dr. Rizal as he is ready to face his fate.

"Sorry ma'am but his excellency has up to two weeks left before he goes. We tried our best to heal and patch him up, but his disease has grown to heights worst than what we can try to treat it at," Ken Drick heard the doctor say.