Intermission: November Riots

The stormy weather of Revilla matched its mood as citizens rioted in front of the Ministry of Colonial Management.

Among the crowd were members of the Secret Society, pushing the citizens towards revolt while British Civil Guards held their muskets, trying to usher the rally away from the entrance.

They held their flags up in the air. Cheering the songs of freedom and hope while the people leading the riot were at the top of a carriage. Commander Joshua Bracodo and Colonel Poper Bracodo.

Calvary of the Civil Guard started positioning themselves in front of the rally. Commander Joshua and Colonel Poper took their pistols out waiting for the Civil Guard to make their move.

The world was silent for a moment as both sides taunted each other. Rioters threw snow and paper at the Civil Guards, while Civil Guards taunted them more and more until they heard a shot that mimicked the spark that started the revolution. Silence dominated their ears before the rioters in the front started to scream and shout. 

"Murderer!" as both leaders of the riot looked to see who got shot. The person who was hit was an old woman. The people shouted as one of them took the troop out of his hiding spot and disarmed him. The Calvary started their charge on the rally.

Both officers shot their guns and started leading the people to protect themselves.

"Go to the intersection to form a Barricade!" Colonel Poper commanded as he got on a horse carrying the flag of the revolution.

People inside buildings started throwing furniture down to help the Revolutionaries build the barricade. All of them started wearing their cockades to show their loyalty to the Revolution.

___A Few Hours Later___

As they finished building the barricades. Colonel Poper placed the flag on a balcony to show the area was controlled by Revolutionary Forces.

The British Commander shouted towards Colonel Poper.

"Where are your loyalties to!"

"The North Pacific Revolution!" Colonel Poper shouted while the commander shook his head, ordering his men to fire at the revolutionaries. The Revolutionaries countered the attack.

"Bring in the cannons!" The commander shouted.

"Aim your fire at the cannons!" Colonel Poper and Commander Joshua ordered the men to fire toward the Artillery troops.

Colonel Poper took his gun out and fired toward a gunpowder barrel. It exploded making the British formation disorganized.

The Revolutionaries held their ground as the British continued shooting their musket toward the barricade.

They continued holding their ground. Commander Joshua and Colonel Poper were holding their pistol toward the British soldiers. Until a lucky shot hit one of them.

Commander Joshua fell from the barricade, grasping the wound on his chest. Colonel Poper commanded some men to hold the ground as he went down to Joshua.

"Hold on to me, Josh, hold on to me the medic is coming," Poper said as he desperately tried to stop the bleeding.

"No, Poper... It's already my time," Joshua said while panic appeared in Poper's eyes.

"No don't say that! We're going to live past this war!" Poper said as Joshua could only give him a sad smile and shake his head.

"We both know what would happen when we joined the revolution. This is the Price for Freedom," Joshua said as Poper sighed in defeat, knowing his brother well.

Joshua took something out of his trench coat and gave it to Poper.

"This is for Mey, make sure he gets it... Tell him that I'm proud of everything," Joshua said Poper held onto his brother until he drew his last breath.

"Colonel... We'll make sure he gets a heroes funeral," A medic said as they placed him on the stretcher, silently carrying him away to a safe place. He gets up and draws his gun, ready to continue the fight. They fought fiercely while reinforcements arrived with more men and artillery.

Seeing the overwhelming support from the citizens, the regulars decided to withdraw and regroup until they were able to have a better strategy.

___________________

"Alright men, all we need to do is hold out until the Revolutionary Army arrives tomorrow," Colonel Poper said as he watched the British Civil Guard withdraw from their positions.

A custom flag was made before this riot. It had a sun in the middle, three stars were placed around the sun to represent the three founders.

It flew at the balcony. The Revolutionaries continued their resistance to the British Troops to make sure the Revolutionaries around the sides were able to take down some of the defenses.

TO BE CONTINUED