Chapter 26: Ratification

___November 15th, 1933___

The winter wind of St. Lawrence blows through his office as he prepares his report. It took him a while to gather all the information he needed, especially the funds that were allocated to his department.

To a certain degree, he is a bit anxious as his job is on the line. Many people are also relying on this report as it will provide insight into his department's plans for the future.

He heard a knock on the door of his office, breaking him out of his thoughts.

"Come in," he said while the door opened to show his wife.

"Morning love, are you ready?" She asked while she went to his side and fixed his bow tie.

"Yes yes... just a tad bit anxious," he said while she snorted and smiled at him.

"Since when was Cody Rivera anxious of giving people a piece of his mind?" She asked while he gave a slight smile.

"My job is on the line if I don't do well on this," he said while she massaged his back a bit.

"Do you remember the reading from the Mass this morning?" She asked while he tries his best to remember it. He sighs before shaking his head.

"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for us," she said while he look up at her.

"You keep focusing on what could happen that you lose sight of the present," she said while he sighs and nodded.

"You're right... you're always right... I keep focusing on the future that I forget that I have focus on the present," he said while she nodded.

"You led many men into battle love... you led the negotiations here and won," she said while he look up at her and kissed her.

"I promise I'll do my best love," he said while standing up from his desk and flashing her a smile one more time before leaving.

___________

Members of the Senate enter the Convention Hall, waiting for the report from Cabinet Secretary of War, Cody Rivera. Among them is Senator Carlos Codinera of Vichis and Senator Wilhelm Tarkin of Revilla.

There was tension between these two men, primarily because of Senator Takin's attitude towards the Army and the men who protected them during the revolutionary war, beyond that it was mostly on the issue of slavery.

"Let us start this meeting with our allegiance to the flag," Senate President Hiro Venator said while everyone turned to the flag and sang the National Anthem.

________

"My fellow members of the senate, we are accompanied by the honourable members of the Cabinet and his excellency, President Ken Drick Winchester," Senate President Venator said while everyone applauded.

"Our agenda for this meeting is to hear the progress report of the Department of War. After that we'll continue where we left of last meeting," He said while Cody took a deep breath and fixed his papers.

"Let us proceed with calling Secretary Rivera to the stand," Venator said while everyone proceeded to seat and Cody took the stand.

"Honorable members of the Senate, fellow members of the Cabinet I'm here to give my report on the proceedings of the War Department," he said shuffling through his papers.