Chapter 22: Election Of 1933

____April 29th, 1933____
Revilla

The summer wind blew through the decorated streets of Revilla, flags and parade banners decorating the streets to celebrate the evacuation of the remaining British troops and loyalists.

Trumpets, tubas, and drums join in the celebration, playing the country's national anthem.

While the celebration was ongoing, members of the secret society gathered at the National Convention Hall.

____________________

Cody sat at the grand table with the Supreme Council of the Revolutionary Covenant. It surprised him that he was still granted a seat at the table considering he was fired yet he isn't going to complain about it because he is given the chance to bring change to their newly formed country.

Everyone inside the hall was either murmuring or talking to each other while two banners hung above the tables.

On the right was the radical group of patriots who called for self-governance while having a strong central government to keep the citizens in check, while on the left were the moderates who called for a strong central government where all the funds would immediately go to the state. With officials and officers who didn't join the two parties staying in the middle.

________________

After everyone entered the hall, National Guardsmen quickly closed the doors and stood post.

"With the birth of our new republic, we must start with the election of new officers, with the national first and the local level following," Ken Drick spoke while everyone toned down.

"For the national level, the council and congress have decided to keep the current system but reform the two chambers," Ken Drick continued while everyone listened to him with eager ears.

"The Supreme Council will be reorganized into the President's Cabinet, while Congress will be seperated into two houses; The lower and upper house," He finished while everyone started to murmur to each other. Minor arguments broke out between the two factions yet it didn't cause anyone to draw out their revolvers like in the past.

"Does everyone approve of this system?" He asked while everyone either nodded or raised their hand to give their approval.

"Alright then, let us proceed with the election... Magdiwang and Magdalo please present your list of candidates to General Rivera, including the list of your president's cabinet," He continued as the two chairmans of both factions rose and went to Cody, presenting their list of candidates and the list of the president's cabinet.

He checked the papers, before taking it and dismissing the chairmen. He presented the list to Ken Drick as he read the list and nodded.

"We may start with the election, the list of candidates is here, you may check if you please," Ken Drick said while the Supreme Council already took their papers and written their votes.

Cody with no hesitation wrote his friend as the president and Carlos as Vice President. He knows that his friend and cousin are the best men to lead the country after the revolution and while Ken Drick made many mistakes, he needs to look past it and think about the future of the country.

_________________

Before this election, he joined the Magdiwang Radical Party because they upheld the beliefs that he believed would help the country.