Chapter 12: Losing the Battle

______September 9, 1932______

Ken Drick watched as the day of the execution got closer. Kyra is in prison, Cody is somewhere around the city, and He is stuck over here thinking of what he saw all those days ago.

Reports came in as battles held by Cody's replacement are going bad. Cody's men were loyal to Cody and Ken Drick back then but they chose to remain loyal to his old friend.

"Former General Rivera and Commander Bracodo's men declared rebellion, they won't be accepting any orders from the Supreme Council until General Rivera is reinstated back to his position.

Lt. Gen. Eimer Quins

Even his best men have gone against him. Another knock on the door.

It has to be the status report on the battle of Hillop Hill.

"Mr. President,

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the Battle of Sakramento pass is going terribly. We have retreated and decided to take nearby Hillop Hill. Our French allies have been aggravated and are demanding to see General Rivera and Secretary Mutogil.

-General Karl Brooker"

His generals are telling him that there needs to be a complete reversal of the court's decision.

He snapped back to reality as a knock from the door filled the room's silence.

"Come in," He said as Lieutenant-Commander Lovington entered office.

"Yes, Mr. President?"

"Deliver these letters to these people.... General Rivera and The Guards at Prison,"

"Yes, Sir,"

_________________

As the Lieutenant-Comamnder goes through the busy streets of Vichisburg. National Guardsmen marched with rigor, their bayonets held in their arms.

He enters the tavern where Cody and Mey spend most of their time, something feels wrong though. He went towards the bartender and ordered a drink.

The bartender took a mug and placed it in front of him. He looked towards the man.

"Jake, where is Cody and Mey?" Lovington asked as the bartender filled up his mug. Lovington looked at the man. He could tell what the bartender was thinking.

"I last saw them a week ago, I honestly considered it weird that, neither of them entered here after that. I mean they spent a lot of time in here playing cards with the other patrons or chatting away..." Jake said as he looked towards one side of the tavern.

"Why don't you ask that brute over there, he and his gang seemed to have gotten in a tussle with both of them," Jake said as he pointed towards a tall, gruffy man.

"Thanks, oh also just in case I bring out my gun, I'll make sure to pay for damages," Parco said as Jake nodded and kept an eye out on things.

Parco went towards the table of the gruffy man and sat down there.

"What do you want?" The gruffy man said as Parco looked towards his pack and readied his gun just in case.

"I want to know where General Rivera and Commander Bracodo is,"

"I don't have anything to tell you," Parco could tell the man is lying there are beads of sweat going down the man's face. He brought out his gun and pointed toward the man.

"Last chance... Where are they?" The Lieutenant said as the gruffy man held his hands up to make the Lieutenant calm down.

"Alright, Alright! we were commissioned by the British to capture them in return we get our names pardoned as well as a large sum of money," The gruffy man said as Parco punched the man and pushed him towards the back end wall of the tavern, his pistol pointed towards the man's head.

"Where did you bring them?!" He asked as the man hoped that he wouldn't shoot the gun. Jake looked towards one of the patrons and nodded, the patron ran out of the bar as Parco continued his interrogation.

"WHERE!?" the Lieutenant shouted at the man as he stared down the man.

"I'm giving you three seconds to give me an answer,"

"One," The man looks alarmed as more sweat goes down his face.

"Two," He can't die yet, he just got his name pardoned by the British he can't afford to be on the run from the Revolutionary Government.

"Thre-"

"They're at Brooksvile!" The man shouted as National Guardsmen stormed into the tavern. Parco placed his gun inside as he let go of the man.

"Arrest this man, he committed treason against the Revolution," Parco ordered coldly as the man looked at him with horror.

The Guards took him by the arms and tied a rope on the man's hands so he could not escape.

MEANWHILE

"psssst, are you there, Kyra?" A voice called out to her, a familiar voice.

She arose only to see Ken Drick's face.

"What do you want?" She said coldly as Ken Drick looked down at his shoes.

"I'm getting you out, the Supreme Council is just taking a long time to conclude if you should be let out or not. I told them it was a big mistake. You were the glue that made sure I and Cody's fights end on a good note, I'm sorry," Ken Drick said as Kyra looked away, tears threatening to show.

"How could I forgive you, YOU sent me to France, YOU could have made a difference when I was falsely accused of treason, Why now? After you fired Cody and brought me here to rot or die, was it all just for power?" Kyra said coldly as Ken Drick looked at her with despair.

"Good, now you feel what we both feel," Kyra thought as Ken Drick opened his mouth.

"I'm sorry, I was foolish, Cody was right, You were right, I was being manipulated," Ken Drick said while Parco rushed into the cell looking frantic.

"Lieutenant-Commander, what is the meaning of this?" Ken Drick said as both he and Kyra looked at the man.

"Sir, General, I mean former General Rivera, and Commander Bracodo, have been captured by the British," The Commander said despair flooding into both founders' eyes.

Things couldn't have gone for the worst, but they did.

"Mr. Lovington, where are they now?" Ken Drick said as tears went down Kyra's face.

"Sir, the mercenary that captured them has said that they are located at Brooksvile,"

Ken Drick sighs as he looks at Kyra, then towards Lovington. This is his chance to make things right, he needs his General back, no not General. He needs to get his brother back.

"Mr. Lovington prepare the Supreme Council, we are going to plan a rescue mission," Ken Drick said as Kyra cried out in joy and Parco nodded going out to prepare the Council.

TO BE CONTINUED