Chapter 16: Discussion

He and Mey were finally back at the City of Vichisburg, yet something felt off. The usually busy city seems quiet for everyone as their caravan enters the city walls.

Being imprisoned for a few months certainly did something to their psyche yet they both know something is off as he turned to Parco.

"Parco, what happened when me and Mey were in prison?" He asked while the Lieutenant-Commander could only tell him what he knew.

"Well... as far as I know sir. President Winchester has only sent me, Commander Lawrence, and General Brooker to rescue you and Commander Bracodo from the prison,"

"Well... We certainly need to talk with him right now," Cody said as they headed for the capitol building.

_______________

The soldiers at the capitol building were silent, their postures quite forced while their hats covered their eyes. Mey noticed tears going down their faces while they were forcing their ever-stoic gaze.

"There are tears on their faces," Mey whispered while Cody looked at him in surprise.

The silent atmosphere, the quiet yet nearly obvious reaction of the guards allowed all the puzzle pieces in his head to fall into place as his eyes widened in shock.

He approached the Captain of Delegate Guard while the man stood in place his hat covering his eyes while tears went down his face.

"Captain, what happened?" Cody asked in a stern yet weak tone.

"Sir, Secretary Mutogil has been shot in the stomach, the wound was infected when the medic arrived... She cannot be saved," Captain Nikes said, taking down his hat to pay his respects. The other guards took down their hats as they paid respects to the fallen founder.

"No this can't be she was supposed to be free from execution," Cody said denial in his tone and expression as the guard could only continue.

"Captain Newhiskey shot her, when the guards were delivering her to get a medical check," Captain Nikes said in a solemn tone.

"Let me see the President," Cody commanded while the guards nodded and opened the doors.

"Mey... Parco, you're dismissed for now," Cody said while Mey and Parco nodded and left.

He entered the office with caution and looked at his friend's desk. Many papers were strewn out on the desk while stacks upon stacks of documents leaned on the side of it.

"I tried you know... I thought we had a chance of her staying with us," James said as he turned to look at him.

"That traitorous Captain murdered her in cold blood... In the name of justice and freedom," James continued while Cody sat down on the chair and continued to listen to his old friend's tirade.

"Whatever happened to justice... To liberty... To habeas corpuz?" His old friend continued as he stood up and went to his friend's side.

"The world is full of injustice... We started this fight because of the injustice that happened to us... While this fight continues to get more and more complicated as time passes by... The purpose and meaning of this fight will never change..." Cody said as James looked at him with sad eyes.

"Is this fight truly worth it if we'll eventually become like our oppressors?" James asked as Cody could only give him a sad smile.

"Well that's for us to see..." He paused as he looked out the window as the rain started to fall. "We must be better than them... Cruelty will never serve any of us in the end,"  

Ken Drick nodded as both of them could only let their tears flow like the rivulets flowing down the glass.

_________________________________

Kyra Pillar Mutogil

Founder, Secretary, War Hero, and Beloved Friend.
May she rest in peace and be remembered for the bravery she has shown against injustice.

Those were the words that the tomb was inscribed with as the people closest to Kyra watched her coffin get lowered down to the earth. Both of them removed their hats to pay their respects.

_________________________________

The Revolutionary War seemed to be quiet for both men. Soldiers both French and Revolutionary stood in lines as they took their hats down and bowed their heads. The colors flew at half-mast with the death of one of their beloved covenant leaders.

__________________________________

A map was rolled out on Ken Drick's desk as both Cody and Ken Drick dreaded doing another meeting. Yet it is war and war requires both of them to stay strong for the people they vowed to protect.

"General, Mr President what are the plans for our next attack?" General Brooker asked as High Command watched the two founders. Ready to plan their next strategy.

"British General Bragsbreille has set up camp at Cheapsake bay," Commander Lawrence said while pointing to the Port city of Cheapsake.

"If we cut off their forces from Revilla, they'll be stuck in Cheapsake," Ken Drick said as Cody looked at him and nodded.

"We could then align local militias to help aid us in the land battle," Cody continued as he turned General Darlan of the French Forces.

"The French and Continental Navy will hold off the British Navy until we gain reinforcements and drive them away from Cheapsake," The French General continued as he nodded then turned to General Brooker.

"General Brooker, you'll take command of the Army of Northern Revilla, as we start a three pronged attack. You may do what you can do to put an end to this war," Cody said as he looked at General Brooker, and then towards General Quins.

"General Quins, you'll take command of the Army of Western Vichisburg and try to surround the capital as I'll take the Army of Cheapsake bay to surround both Bragsbrielle and the Ministry of Colonial Management," Cody continued pointing to the different points of interest on the map.

"While you're fighting we'll start creating the declaration of independence and allow Congress to ratify it," Ken Drick said as the generals nodded.

"Then we have a plan... Let's hope that we'll all come out of this alive," Cody finished as they were dismissed, preparing themselves for the showdown at Cheapsake.

To be Continued