Chapter 14: Reconnaisance

_______September 30, 1932______

It has been three weeks, and Kyra's execution was postponed until further notice. Ken Drick was in the Supreme Council room, all the members of the Council there arguing over the current situation.

"It's pointless, if we go after General Rivera and Commander Bracodo, we risk losing the support of the people," One of the secretaries stated.

"But they are key figures to this revolution! If it wasn't for their efforts in the battle of Herodia, mind you the first battle that kick-started this revolution, then we wouldn't be fighting for independence now!" Another secretary stated as Ken Drick pinched the bridge of his nose.

If he wasn't so foolish on that day Kyra and Cody would still be here.

"Another point to add is that we're already losing the support of the people after Secretary Mutogil's trial and General Rivera's removal," The secretary continued as he needed to stop this before the cabinet dissolved into infighting.

"That is enough! I agree with secretary Codinera here," Ken Drick gestured towards the secretaries as they all stopped bickering.

"We must save General Rivera and Commander Bracodo, if it wasn't for them our Government wouldn't be here... So here is what we're going to do!" Ken Drick said sternly.

"We're sending a special branch of the 212th battalion to rescue Cody and Mey... That is final," Ken Drick continued as he looked toward the different secretaries most of them nodded.

"If a battle will ensue... The Bracodo Sharpshooters as well as the Black Guard will join them," he continued as everyone nodded in silent agreement. No one dared to speak against the president amid this crisis.

"Then we are finished! You're all dismissed!" Ken Drick commanded as everyone started leaving the room. Leaving only him, the Presidential Guard, and the Black Guard. The tension between the two guard battalions was extremely evident as men from both battalions glared at each other.

"Sir, would it be alright if I lead the rescue?" Captain Newhiskey asked as Ken Drick could only glare at the man. The nerve of the man who manipulated everyone into placing Kyra in prison.

"No, we already have someone who can lead," Ken Drick said sternly as Dwayne's expression turned into a look of panic.

"But sir-" he tried to plead but Ken Drick raised his hand to stop and glared at him.

"I've already made my decision... Captain Newhiskey... Now please leave my office before I make the troops escort you out," The Black Guards who replaced his men could only glare at him with distaste as he was forced outside. 

_______October 10, 1932_______

"You know for being a beautiful person... you're too hot-headed right," Cody said towards the hand as she stared at him as if he was crazy.

Is he trying to manipulate her? No, he has already proved himself to be a kind-hearted man.

"What are you on about Rivera?" She said as Cody looked at her with a half-drunken smile.

"I mean you are the prettiest woman I have ever met in my entire life," She looked at him flustered. Was it the liquor they poured into their water and food?

"You have a lot of nerve saying that to me," she said in a confused yet stern tone.

"I'm being honest, I would've gone for you if we weren't on the opposite sides of this war," Cody continued as he bravely stared her in the eyes.