Chapter 29: Your Obedient Servant

With Ken Drick Winchester dead, it weakened the Magdiwang Radical party that was formed during the November Riots.

Newhiskey knew that the party is close to death it's just needed a simple push. So that he could finally establish an Empire and mend the islands' relationship with Great Britain.

The only person who is standing in his way of mending relations with Britain is Cody.

"That federalist will kill us all. The only way we can survive is if we establish the Empire," He wrote to Senator Hopefilia.

"You're talking treason," The senator wrote back.

__________________________________

It's the Vice-Presidential Election of 1944, he was able to get the Magdalo moderate party to sign him on as their candidate for the election.

The Federalists or the Magdiwang radical party has chosen Cody to be their candidate. The country started to wonder how the issue of slavery would be handled as the tension started to rise between the North and South of the county. Northerners during the Revolution were more open to the idea of revolution and Independence, while the Southerners were loyal to the crown but this all changed as the country was set free from its bonds to Great Britain.

Before Ken Drick passed away he was on his way to working on the civil rights bill. Realizing that slavery is a moral evil, most Northern senators and congressmen started working on a way to abolish it. This was when people started to realize that slavery and the Imperialist movement will rip the country apart.

________________________________

"Secretary Rivera, what is your stance on the question of slavery?" The moderator of the debate asked people from all over the country to travel to watch the debates.

"Well sir, my stance on slavery is that it's a moral evil that we must purge from our country. It's a big disgrace for what is freedom, liberty, and equality, if we own people and hold them like the British hold us. Our country should be a shinning example to the world. It's only in this time that we could end the institution and work our way to an era of peace and equality,"

The moderator nodded, he turned to Secretary Newhiskey.

"Secretary Newhiskey your rebuttal?" He asked, Dwayne, looking at Cody. The founder still kept a poker face.

"The institution of slavery has helped us during the revolution. We have to remember that if it wasn't for slavery during the war we wouldn't have the numbers to fight the British,"

"But what did we fight for? We fought for equality and freedom! We must remove the law that states that slaves are worth three-fifths of a person. Our Country won't continue standing with the instution of slavery,"

"Secretary Rivera doesn't know that! As far as we know Slavery has kept the southern economy at an all time high, along with the invention of different tools that helps make farming fast and efficient,"

"Like I said freedom and equality should be widespread on our country, slave or not. All men are created equal," The silent murmuring in the courtroom was broken by Cody. He looked around the crowd as he saw his wife and children among the crowd.

"The Constitution isn't violated by us taking federal action against slavery, provinces who are thinking of seceeding from our country. Think first for unity is what led us to freedom and Independence. Unity is what led us to win the revolutionary war,"