Chapter 3: Battle of Midnight rim

"Mey, I need you to warn the militias at Cheverton and St. Ezekiel that the regulars are coming, once you're done rounding up the troops Commander Richard Pratts will take command to lead the battle," Cody said taking out three letters from his coat and handed it to Mey.

Mey nodded taking the letters and placing them in his small bag. He got on a horse and rode for Cheverton. With only a lantern, he rode through the countryside until he heard voices.

"You heard the General,  local militias and armed society members are hiding in Cheverton and St. Ezekiel,"

Mey quickly hid behind the bushes while blowing his lamp out.

"Do they really stand a chance against us? They are fighting against the most powerful army in the world,"

"Their pitiful revolution will fall as troops from Fort Herodia will surround them at Lovington," Their voices started to get weaker.

Mey took out a pack of matches and lit up his lantern, quickly riding toward Cheverton. Arriving in the small town he went to the militia headquarters and knocked on the door.

"State your business," The voice said as he opened the door. Mey handed him the letter. Opening it the man read it.

"Spread the word! The regulars are coming!" Mey said as the militia commander nodded. He closed the door as Mey got on the horse.

He rode off to St. Ezekiel, he headed through the farmland and woods until he heard voices and the banging of a drum. He blew his lantern again leaving him and the horse surrounded in darkness once more.

"Do they really think that the king is willing to compromise with them, It's either they surrender and declare their loyalty to the crown or they fight until they all die,"

Mey could only sigh in relief as the British platoon moved farther away from him. He lit up his lantern again and rode for St. Ezekiel. Arriving at the safe house he knocked on the door.

"State your business," The militia officer said opening the door, Mey took out the letter and gave it to the man.

"Spread the word! The regulars are coming," The militia officer nodded, closing the door as Mey got on his horse.

He looked at his pack and read to whom the final letter was to be given. He rode off to another part of St. Ezekiel. Arriving at the safe house he knocked on the door. A man opened the door.

"The regulars are coming!" Mey said before the man could respond a voice cut him off.

"Here! We're Here, Get Him!" Redcoats started to flood out of the house while Mey quickly mounted onto the horse and started to escape. Bullets whip past him as he continued his way back to Lovington.

British regulars gave chase of him but he lost them. Arriving at Commander Pratts' residence. He knocked on the door, only to not receive any response. He went to the back of the house only to see the militia commander partially drunk.

"Commander, You have to prepare your men, the regulars are coming!" Mey said as the partially drunk commander sobered up.

"Aye, General Rivera finally gave the order," Commander Pratts said as he took his pistol and musket.

Mey nodded as he got on a horse preparing to warn Cody of the regulars coming to Cheverton for battle.

He arrived in Cheverton, he saw Cody at the side with a man in a trenchcoat. The man seems armed with weapons

"Give this letter to Commander Pratts at St. Ezekiel... Tell him I sent you to help aid in the defense of the towns," Cody said as the man nodded, quickly mounting on a horse and speeding to St. Ezekiel.