Chapter 52

"Do you want something? Water? Or anything to eat?" Mayank asked Ishan who just shook his head.

They were inside the airplane. Since morning Ishan has not spoken any word, just replying with either a nod or by shaking his head.

He didn't even ate anything. Mayank was worried, Ishan neither ate anything yesterday nor today.

Oh how badly Mayank wanted Ishan to open up to him. Atleast if Ishan will share about his feelings then Mayank would be able to understand what's bothering him and how he could make him feel better.

But it seemed like Ishan had built a wall around himself, shutting everyone out.

"Ishu it will take so much time to get home so should we play something? Ludo?"

Again Ishan just shook his head and glanced out of the window, the endless expanse of blue sky and fluffy clouds did nothing to calm his racing thoughts.

Ishan couldn't shake off the feeling of helplessness, of abandonment. He was overwhelmed and didn't even knew what to think anymore.

[A/N - It took me 10 minutes to write these above two paras...I kept on deleting and re writing coz I was confused how to show Ishan's emotions...then after 10 minutes I was like fudge everything and moved on from this para]

How can his parents just abandon him like that?

Was he seriously a complete failure?

A disgrace?

Maybe his parents did right by disowning him. He is just a shameful topic for his family. He has let them down. He has let everyone down.

Ishan couldn't even recognize himself anymore.

He felt so lost and alone.

---

The past 5 hours felt like an eternity to Mayank.

How did he managed to even take Ishan  to his home? He doesn't even know that himself.

When he rang the doorbell, his father was way too fast to open the door.

"Look who came," His dad shouted inside while taking Ishan's suitcase from Mayank's hand.

"Aree aa gye tum log? Chlo haath muh dholo fatafat maine mutton biryani banayi hai. Ishu ki favorite hai naa," His mother chirped.
[You guys came? Go and get freshen up I made mutton biryani. It's Ishan's favorite ]

"What about my preference?" Mayank asked.

"Tu toh chup hi hoja. Dekh kya halat kardi mere Ishan ki. Apni tarah usse bhi kangdi bnakr le aaya, pakka usse kuch nii khilaya pilaya hoga." Mrs Sharma scoffed.

[Don't you dare speak. See what you did to our Ishan. You made him thin just like you. You didn't let him eat as well right.]

"Maa" Mayank whined.

"What maa? Go and get freshen up. I will serve you both dinner." She said patting Ishan's head.

"Fine fine, I don't even want to stay here." Mayank scowled taking Ishan's hand and leading him to his room.

Ishan stopped after a few steps and turned away from Mayank only to hug his mother.

She got a bit surprised but then hugged him back instantly.

"M-M-Maa" He choked out.

"Hann mera bacha bol kya hua?"
[Yeah, what happened my son?]

Ishan sniffled hugging her again. Mrs Sharma pulled him inside and made him sit on the couch. It was a bit difficult as Ishan was hugging her but she has done it numerous of times with Mayank so it was a daily thing for her.