Chapter 12

'I am surprised they even took you as a substitute'

'How can you be such an idiot Ishan? See all these interviews, your teammates only know as you as a notorious goofy kid, someone who is the life of party.  Everything is related to fun and only fun. Nothing related to cricket.'

' Is this why your brother had to leave cricket? So you could do nothing?'

'Do you also want to be the next Sanju Samson huh? Like Sanju like Ishan'

"Ishan"

Ishan gasped waking up. He looked at his surroundings. He was not in home. It was a dream. His parents were not taunting him.

"Did we reached? " Ishan asked and Rishabh nodded his head.

"Yep we reached hotel 5 mins ago. Now come out of the bus, if you don't want to camp inside." Rishabh joked and Ishan punched his shoulder.

"Where is Shubman?" Ishan asked.

"He is already inside the hotel. He took all your bags with him in your room." Rishabh said and Ishan hummed.

"Bhai give me piggyback please, I am feeling tired." Ishan said while showing his doe eyes.

"Who will take my bags then?" Rishabh retorted.

" Rishabh, Ishan are you guys even coming or not?" Rohit shouted from a distance and they both quickly ran towards them, not wanting to listen an earful the day they just landed.

---

"It took you long enough to come" Shubman said once he saw Ishan entering their shared room.

"I thought I was going to share my room with Surya bhai?" Ishan asked looking at Shubman who was opening his luggage.

"Yeah but I told Surya bhai to share room with Rishabh bhai. They both didn't had any problem. And I am not going to let you partner with someone else. " Shubman shrugged and Ishan nodded his head.

"Where are my bags though? I want to shower." Ishan said and Shubman pointed towards his luggage.

"But I am going to shower first." Shubman said and quickly took the towel.

"No Shubi I am feeling very sweaty please." Ishan said and quickly ran towards the bathroom.

Shubman also walked quickly towards the bathroom.

They both sprinted towards the bathroom at the same time, holding the handle of the bathroom together.

"Fine let's bath together then because I am not going to wait for you to get done first." Shubman replied. 

"No, you can go first." Ishan said and took a step back.

"Okay, I will be done soon." Shubman said getting inside the bathroom.

Ishan didn't replied and just sat on the bed. Slowly drifting into the dreamland again.

---

' We only want for you to be successful and not push yourself towards the dead end.'

' If you can't do it then leave cricket.'

' Please don't ruin your career. You still have time to think'

"Ishan"

Ishan jolted. Another dream, he was in the hotel room. Shubman was the one who was shaking him this time.

"Why were you crying Ishan?" Shubman asked worriedly.

"Huh?" Ishan touched his cheeks and they were a bit damped.

"It was just a nightmare i guess." Ishan spoke, his voice husky.

'Nightmare or a past trauma?' There was this voice again.

"Are you okay now?" Shubman asked slightly hovering above him from side. Ishan was still laying down.

"Yeah I am fine, I should go and shower now." Ishan said getting up and pushing Shubman aside.

"Okay come fast. I will be waiting for you." Shubman said while sitting on the bed now.

Ishan just hummed and grabbed a towel from beside him going inside the bathroom.

Just when Shubman heard the door being locked, there was a ting on the phone beside him. He looked on the side seeing there was a notification of Mayank's message on Ishan's phone.

He quickly averted his eyes. He won't snoop on Ishan's phone. No matter how much he wanted to read the text and wanting to know why did Mayank was starting the text with a sorry.

He didn't meant to read the first word as well but it happened by accident.

Whenever the matter is regarding his friends, Shubman can't help but be a bit curious.  He just wanted to know what are they both discussing about since the last ipl.

Sighing Shubman took his phone and opened it. If he won't distract himself then he will just keep thinking about it.

He started playing game on his phone trying to focus on it. Ishan's phone started ringing. It was Mayank.

He tried to ignore it the first two times it rang but when the phone rang the third time he couldn't hold himsekf any longer. He will just pick up the call and tell Mayank that Ishan is not here.

He quickly picked the call before it could get cut the third time.

"Bro, please listen this is the only way–"

"Uhh Mayank this is Shubman." Shubman said before Mayank could finish his sentence.

"Oh hey bhaii, where is Ishan?"

" He is in the bathroom right now. Do you want me to convey any message when he comes?"

"No, just tell him that I called him." With that Mayank hurriedly cut the call.

Shubman looked at the phone for two minutes before putting it back.

Fine, they both can act weirdly. Shubman won't care about anything. He will just focus on the Asia Cup. They all were here for that reason only.

When Ishan came after the shower with damp hair and fully dressed he was looking a bit relaxed, unlike how he was when they first arrived. 

Shubman didn't commented on that. He didn't even told Ishan that Mayank had called him.

In his defense he was busy talking with Sara and when he is with Sara he doesn't remember anything. Sucks for being a one sided crush. He could do anything just for her and she won't even know. How can people not see that someone is in love with them?

Or maybe they do know but they act oblivious because they dont want to break your heart.

Whatever the case was, Shubman's heart was already breaking everyday knowing he can't confront Sara just yet.

---

I really love all of your comments tbh. It gives me motivation to write chapters. And the way you all are guessing what's Ishan actually worried about. 

Well let me tell you all something...you guys are thinking in the right direction but are going too far with it.

Also you guys want a shubish group right? Where do you want it to be whatsapp or Instagram or Discord?

indotaekook Rainbow_fuzzie the idea was of you guys and pretty interesting too coz there ain't any shubish group :')