Chapter 32

"But sir it's not possible to get the results till tomorrow."

"Sam are you seriously going to say this to me? I also know this thing takes like 3-4 hours. I am giving you the whole day for today and tomorrow. If I would be in India then I could have checked it myself. But it's urgent and I can't wait till I get back to India."

"Just because you are my friend Kamlesh, it doesn't mean you can urge me to fasten yours." Sameer whined.

"You are not going to do it for me then?" Kamlesh asked.

"Fine fine butthead. Oh the things we have to do for friendship." Sameer exaggerated a sigh.

Kamlesh laughed pulling him into a headlock.

Tomorrow his doubts will be cleared. Though he hope that he is wrong and Naman indeed just saved Ishan and is not rather betraying them.

---

"Here" Hardik passed Ishan a bottle of water.

"Oh I also brought a bottle for him" Shubman chuckled showing two bottle in his hand.

Ishan clenched his jaw staring at both of them.

"I don't want water" He said.

"But we just practiced hard, you should drink something. We have shikanji and rose water also. Oh and Virat bhai's black water too. Though I would warn you that it tastes yuck." Hardik snorted making a weird face making Shubman laugh.

"Tell Ishu what do you want?" Shubman looked at him.

"Kyu? Main apahij hu jo aap log mujhe laakr doge. Khud jaakr nii laa skta main?" Ishan scoffed.
[Why? Am I disabled? Can't I bring drink for myself?]

"Ishu-"

"No bhaiya. Why are you all treating me so differently? Am I not capable to bring my own drink at drinks break? I am not a dumb person who can't even walk. If you guys are going to treat me like a fragile then why are you even letting me practice? Why are you letting me in the playing XI for tomorrow's match. Make me a substitute only." Ishan huffed before harshly walking out of the ground.

All the members stared at Ishan who sat on the bench at the outside of the ground.

They all were pretty confused at the outburst of Ishan.

Ishan usually was not the type of guy who would get angry so easily. He was the one who always tried to keep the atmosphere light.

Even today morning also, he was the one who was almost kidnapped but still tried to keep the breakfast table lively.

But now him being the one who let out his anger for the first time scared all of them.

How much the boy had bottled inside himself that he couldn't hold himsekf any longer?

---

"Ishan" Rohit muttered sitting beside him.

"B-bhai" Ishan stuttered seeing him come. He was feeling a bit flustered because of the sudden outburst he showed just a few minutes ago.

"You and Shubman always bring water for each other during the break. It never irked you before." Rohit looked at him.

"But today you all were treating me so differently. " Ishan whispered.

"How was it different? Did we bowled you slow paced balls? Or we gave you extra pads? Hardik gave you a bottle but aren't you Hardik's Ishu baby? Doesn't he always take care of you like a younger brother?" Rohit hummed.

"I am s-sorry bhai."

"Hey Ishu don't cry. I am not good at comforting and if the members saw you crying while I am sitting beside you they will think I am bullying you."

Ishan choked out a laugh. Rohit smiled patting his back.

"You know if we thought you are not capable then why did you let be in the playing XI in all these matches? Why did you still let be the wicketkeeper in our match against Nepal when Rahul was back? We could have let Rahul be he wicketkeeper but still we chose you. Because you have potential Ishu. We are giving you chances to show your talent and you are doing that very well. The whole nation adores you. Why are you beating yourself so much?" Rohit asked staring at him.

"I don't know bhai. I just don't get it. I feel like a useless fellow who always gets into trouble. I am causing a chaos for y guys as well b—"

Rohit smacked him making him stop talking.

"You are not causing any trouble to any of us." Rohit said.

"You are just being too sweet bhai" Ishan muttered.

"Nobody will support this statement of yours. They all will think you lost a screw. How can you say that me, Rohit Sharma is being sweet? I am the epitome of the straight forward speaker." Rohit snorted.

"Naah you are just so sweet and nice. Always taking care of all of us." Ishan grinned.

"Stop buttering me up. It's not like I will let you take my position as opener if you will give me those doe eyes." Rohit chuckled.

"You will not?" Ishan snickered.

"Oh shit the doe eyes are slightly working" Rohit exaggerated a gasp. Ishan laughed hugging him.

---

"What were you checking above the cupboard sweetheart?" Naman whispered checking the camera recording.

"Seems like you are doubting me huh. Gotta make you mine faster now."

---

This comment goshh 🤌🤌