Chapter 17

Rohit and Virat stared at Ishan for a while.

"Ishan" Virat whispered making him look at them.

"I-I a-am gay" Ishan stuttered out.

"Huh?" Virat and Rohit furrowed their eyebrows.

"Yeah I like boys" He spoke with more determination now.

"And?" Rohit urged.

"And nothing" Ishan replied.

"Ouh I thought for a second you started liking one of the boys from the team." Rohit shrugged.

"No no I don't" Ishan quickly shook his head.

"Then what is the problem? You like someone who is straight?" Rohit asked.

"No, I don't like anyone." Ishan sighed.

"Wait then how did you know you are gay?" Virat asked.

"Bhaiya if you are watching porn your focus would be on whom? The guy or the girl?" Ishan asked.

"None. I would never watch porn, I have a wife and kid." Rohit deadpanned.

"Imagine you are single."

"Sorry kid I love my wife too much and can't imagine a life without her." Rohit shook his head.

"Rohit stop" Virat sighed. Rohit raised his eyebrows and shrugged simply.

"Ishan, are you sure that you're gay and it's not because you admire a few men?" Virat asked.

"Admire?" Ishan questioned.

"Let me explain. We can like people in three different ways. First, we can appreciate someone's talent, personality, or looks. Second, we can admire someone and want to be like them, like an idol. And third, we can have a crush on someone and want to be with them. Sometimes people can misunderstood infatuation for the crush one. Do you understand?" Virat inquired, and Ishan nodded.

"I really like boys in the third way. I know you might not believe that I'm gay even I don't like how I ended up like thi-" Ishan started.

"Wait, Ishan. I didn't mean it like that. It's totally okay to like boys. I was just confirming because you don't have a specific person you like right now," Virat clarified, putting his hand on Ishan's shoulder.

"Is it okay though?" Ishan asked.

"Of course it is. You can like whoever you want to, regardless of gender or anything else," Virat reassured.

"But not everyone thinks like that. Our country believes that it's a sin. How can I commit a sin like this when I've just started my career?" Ishan bit his lower lip.

"It's not a sin. We love someone's soul, not their body. Their gender or anything related to looks doesn't matter when you love who they are. Those who are homophobic are the ones who should feel ashamed because they focus on someone's body and not their heart. I rather feel sorry for the person who ends up with them, because it's all about the body and never the soul for them," Rohit replied.

"But-"

"Ishan do you hate the fact you are gay?" Virat asked and Ishan shook his head.

"No, but couldn't I be normal instead? It would have been more easier."

"What do you mean by normal? Ishan you are perfectly normal. There is nothing wrong in liking men." Virat muttered.

"Who said lgbtq people are not normal?" Rohit asked with a stern voice.

"If they were normal then people won't be using their name as an abusive word. You also scolded tilak bhai a few days ago by saying 'Abe meetha hai kya, tezz nii bhaaga jaata tujhse' " Ishan whispered and Rohit pursed his lips.

"I am sorry Ishan, it's just we were never taught the real meaning behind these words when we were. So it became an habit, but we know it now so I will try to look at my words. I didn't knew it will hurt you." Rohit said.

"No you did not hurt me. It's just...everyone thinks like that bhaiya and if they all know it's not right then how can I think it's okay to be this. How can I feel good when my bestfriend won't even support me?" Ishan bit his lip.

"What do you mean?"

"Shubman once said he is normal and not gay when a fan asked us being a couple in real life." Ishan said.

"He must have not meant it, I mean Shubman doesn't seems like a narrow minded person to me." Virat spoke.

"But what if he is? I can't afford to leave both of my bestfriends." Ishan whispered.

"Both?" Rohit asked.

"Aditi too...she called me a faggot and left me too. She will never talk to me. She hates me." Ishan choked out.

"How can she call you a faggot." Virat's face tightened a bit in anger.

"Don't listen to her, you are not a faggot. How can she use this slur with you?" Rohit spoke.

"Who called you faggot?" A voice came suddenly, all the three players turned their heads to see Shubman standing on the door.

Ishan's face paled in horror. Did he heard everything?

Will he also hate Ishan now?

---

A/N - I am making a new ff of shubish which might be a bit better than this one...idk why I try to write when i am not good at it but i like writing so I will still continue 😃👉👈

idk why I try to write when i am not good at it but i like writing so I will still continue 😃👉👈

How is the cover? I designed it.

Also this ff will be a bit of dark romance kind of type and urvashi will not be there so hopefully will add mature scenes in the new one-

(Ps: I had some peeps wanting some mature content of shubish that's why adding in this so I could maintain the holyness in this book for our 4 year old urvashi )