Chapter 10

Shubman was sure that something is wrong with Ishan.

When they were coming out of the airport Ishan was gloomy. Even though he was laughing and trying to joke his jokes were a bit forced. Being his best friend for more than 3 years Shubman can easily know when Ishan is not in a cheerful mood, which he mostly is everytime.

Well maybe it is just the tiredness, they had just taken a flight as well. Yeah its just the jet lag.

Even Shubman was feeling the jet lag too but the excitement of meeting his family was just something else. He couldn't wait to meet his father. Even though they didn't won, but he still did his best. And the runs he scored all over the league were also great. His father would definitely be proud of him, of his performance.

Shubman couldn't wait to hear those praises from his father. Because only if his father praised him then he will believe he truly achieved something.

On the other hand, Ishan was dreading to face his father. Not because of the cricket, he played pretty well there. But because of something else.

---

Shahneel di was the first one to greet Shubman. His parents were on a kirtan, happening in their colony. She told him to get changed then they will watch their favourite seriestogether.

Shubman went and did his normal routine before joining his sister in the living room.

The living room was a heaven for him. His mother has prepared Butter Chicken for him before going out. Eating butter chicken while watching The Godfather was a pure bliss.

Just when it was only 5 minutes to the film their doorbell rang. It was too early for their parents to come though? And they were not expecting anyone else too.

Being the elder sister Shahneel had to get up and check out the door, but she did throw a fit before getting up from the comfortable position.

"You guys are early" Shahneel muttered seeing her parents who both had a very grim expression on their face.

"Yeah, the kirtan had to end early because of some trouble" Her mother whispered.

"Youngsters these days are so shameless." Her father retorted while removing his shoes.

"What happened?" Shahneel asked with furrowed eyebrows.  Their father were always very calm and composed. Whenever he showed anger it means the case is very serious.

"That's what I want to know! What is happening to this generation?" His father retorted.

The loud voice scared Shubman as well and he left his butter chicken to go in the main hall.

"Is it something serious?" Shahneel whispered softly.

"We can't even say about it beta. How can someone commit a sin like this?" Their mother spit out.

"Why can't we say about it? Our children should also know about it so they can know who to maintain distance with. She is a great friend of Shahneel. What if she feeds all the bullshit in her mind too?" Mr Gill spoke.

"Who are you guys talking about?" Shahneel asked wanting to know what all this feud for.

"Your childhood friend Gurmeet" Mrs Gill said.

"Uhh what happened to her?" Shubman asked staring at his family being tensed.

"Nothing happened to her. She is still very much happy after bowing her parents head in shame." Mrs Gill retorted.

"Ohh" Shahneel whispered. Her eyes wide in horror.  She knew about her childhood friend ofcourse, and supported her too. But the whole colony knowing about it was definitely not good. She must be going through a lot right now.