Chapter 20

"Shubi I want to tell you something." Ishan said.

It was 6:20 am right now, Virat has gone back to his room when Ishan and Shubman went to the bathroom (separately) to do their morning business.

"Mhm go on." Shubman hummed while using blow dryer.

"It's something serious, so I was hoping you could focus onto me for a while" Ishan said. Shubman looked at him.

[A/n :: Me badly wanted to make Shubman say - Sweetheart how can I focus on something else when you are in front of me.]

"What happened?"

"Do you want to know what I talked about with Aditi yesterday?"

"You are finally telling me" Shubman grinned widely walking towards him. In a blink of an eye he stood in front of him.

"Yeah but erm I dunno where to start from." Ishan said rubbing the back of his neck.

"From the starting? Tell me every detail like we always do." Shubman said putting his hand on top of Ishan's to make him stop. Instead he just held his hand and gave it a light squeeze.

Ishan took a deep breathe before telling him everything. How he found himself gay. How mayank found out about him. How he thought of dating Aditi to confirm he is not gay but it turned out he was. And finally what the talk he had with Aditi in the back of stadium.

Shubman stared at him for a while.

"Shubi?" Ishan bit his bottom lip.

"Let's go for the practice." Shubman muttered while grabbing their cricket bag.

Ishan fiddled with his fingers. Shubman really started ignoring him right away.

"Shubi please don't hate me." Ishan mumbled. He stared at Shubman who sighed before dropping the bag.

Shubman pulled Ishan into a hug.

"I don't hate you Ishan, I could never hate you." He murmured and kissed his forehead.

"But you started ignori—"

"I was not ignoring you. I was just angry about what Aditi told you. You had been having this internal battle with you since so long and just one word from her broke you all over again. The way you were so sad because she hit right at your insecurity." Shubman said.

"No, her anger was justified."

"It was not Ishu. Even if she was angry she could take out her anger in some other way but making you feel bad about the one thing you are so much insecure about is a low blow." Shubman said.

"Shu—"

"Ishu let's talk about it later on, otherwise we will get late for the practice. " Shubman cut him off in the middle. Ishan nodded his head taking his cricket bag.

Shubman engulfed him in a one last hug before walking out of the room.

"Ishu, just because you are gay it doesn't change anything between us okay? You are still my best friend and can share anything with me. I will never judge you." Shubman said and Ishan grinned widely.

"Thank you so much Shubi." He said before locking their room.

Yup, they are still the same, and Ishan being gay doesn't change anything.

Yeah, Shubman does feel a bit weird but he cannot just magically accept the  homosexual concept. It would require some time regarding how his father still despise the concept. Him being normal a thing which his father doesn't like at all, was definitely a first.

But he can't tell this to Ishan when he had just started to become his usual ball of energy.

And more importantly, how will Ishan's change of preference affect their relation? It doesn't even matter who he likes in a sexual way, unless he starts liking Shubman. And that was definitely not possible. So they are just going to be fine.

---

"Come on Jaddu one more lap." Rohit said while Ravindra was running on the field. Everyone else had completed their run when Ravindra was talking with the coach. So now they all are taking a one minute break while Ravindra is running.

"Look at Ishan being his enthusiastic self again." Surya chuckled seeing Ishan explaining something to Shreyas. The way Shreyas was paying attention to every detail seemed like they were discussing about an interesting topic.

Everyone looked at the duo humming quietly.

"Chlo chlo what are you doing here? Get back to the net practice." The coach's voice boomed making all of them to scurry away.

---

Finally it was break time. Everyone were super exhausted as they were removing the pads and helmet.

"Ishan your parents are calling the coach. They were trying to contact you but you were not answering." Rohit said.

"I didn't brought my phone to practice maybe that’s why." Ishan said.

"Go to coach, and talk with them then, they are still on call." Rohit shrugged. Ishan walked out of the dressing room when he was done removing his pads.

On the ground he found the coach talking with someone on phone probably with his parents.

"Somebody told your parents that your phone got hacked. I ensured them that someone just got their numbers and fortunately your number was not leaked. They still want to talk to you about it." The coach told him before putting the phone on speaker.

"Ishan" His father spoke.

"Yeas dad" Ishan muttered.

----

"Does anyone knows about Ishan's family?" Siraj asked coming to the dressing room where everyone were packing their cricket kit.

"Why? Did something happened?" Shubman asked.

"I was in the ground talking with the staff when the coach got a call from Ishan's parents. The way they were talking with Ishan was kind of harsh. The coach had to hand over the phone to Ishan so he could put it off speaker. He must have felt embarrassed. " Siraj spoke.

"Why were they scolding him? Didn't they called him because someone lied to them about Ishan's phone getting hacked and stuff?" Rohit asked.

"Yeah it was the matter. But when they got to know except Ishan everyone else just got a random message from an unknown number they started taunting him about how the unknown guy doesn't even think of him as an important icc member that's why they left him. Quite weird honestly. Shouldn't they be happy that his phone number wasn't leaked?" Siraj muttered.

"Is he still talking with his parents?" Rohit asked.

Siraj nodded his head and Rohit simply walked out of the dressing room.

"Should we also go and check upon them?" Shubman asked.

"If we all will go in the ground, it will just make Ishan more embarrassed." Hardik spoke.

"But why would a parent scold their children for that? Are you sure you heard it right?" Hardik looked at Siraj.

"Ofcourse I did, I know it seems weird but that's exactly what they were talking about." Siraj spoke.

"I think we should just wait for Rohit to come and see what happened and Shubman don't ask Ishan about it okay?" Virat said.

Shubman nodded his head even though he wanted to ask. He will just wait for Rohit bhaiya.

----

BRO I FUDGING LOVE SHAMI

HE TOOK 7 WICKETS

WE ARE INTO FINALS YOOHOO