Chapter 14

4th September, 2023

India vs Nepal

It was the 5th match in Asia cup and India's second match.

India won the toss and opt to bowl first. The reason behind bowling first was simply that Rohit wanted to see how his bowlers were doing as they didn't got a chance to bowl yesterday.

Ishan was wicket keeping in the place of KL Rahul as he was still not fit enough to join the Asia Cup.

Jadeja and Siraj both were on fire as they took three wickets each. Other bowlers were also great as Hardik, Shardul and Shami also took 1 wicket each and making Nepal all out in 48.2 overs with 230 runs.

There were a few fumbles in the fielding though as they could have taken a few wickets earlier if the co ordination was better.

And when it was India's turn to bat the rain again played a spoilsport. But instead of ending the match like last time India got a chance to bat for 23 overs.

Through DLS, India had to score 145 runs in 23 overs. Rohit and Shubman played as openers.

They easily scored 147 runs in 20.1 overs with Shubman hitting a four in the end. They won the match with still having 17 balls to spare.

Rohit Sharma was awarded as the man of the match and taken for interview while the other players went to the changing room.

---

"When we came here we knew what our World Cup 15 is going to be like, the Asia Cup was not going to give us a better picture because it was only two games.

But luckily we got to bat in the first game and bowl in this, so that made it a complete game for us. Still have a lot to work on. Lot of guys coming back from injuries and they need time to get back into the groove.

Hardik and Ishan were very good in the last game to get us to that score. The bowling was okay today but the fielding was bad, we need to improve on that." Rohit explained in his interview.

After the Interview was done he went back to the changing room where everyone were waiting for him eagerly. The coach was still there congratulating him for his performance. 

Rohit smiled saying tons of thank yous to everyone.

"Let's change and get to the hotel." The coach said dismissing everyone.

"Where is Ishan?" Shubman asked and everyone looked around.

"Certainly not in the changing room." Hardik hummed looking around.

"Did he told anyone where he was going before leaving the room?" Virat asked.

"No, but I saw him leaving the room 10-15 minutes ago. He got a call I think." Shardul said and Virat hummed.

"Okay let's change and I will send someone to look for him." Rohit said dispersing everyone.

---
1:30 hour later.

Everyone were back in the bus. Ishan was still nowhere to be found. Rohit told everyone to go to the hotel while him and Virat will look for him. Police was also scanning the whole stadium now. Virat was trying to call him as well but his phone was switched off.

Shubman urged to stay with them and look for him but Virat denied.

With great difficulty they were able to send Shubman in the bus and they all went back to the hotel.

Usually when they go back after a match they will always be blasting music loudly.

Even when they will not win the match they will be talking about how they could do better in the next match.

But today, even after winning nobody was joking or having fun. Everyone sitting in their seats hoping for only one thing, just for Ishan to be fine.

The bus soon came to a halt signalling they reached the hotel.

"Come on boys, not getting up is not going to help. If we will go and rest in the hotel then we can atleast think about how to help in finding him." Hardik said and ushered them to get off.

Shubman pursed his lips and getting down as well.

"I am worried for Ishan too you know. But looking like a ghost won't do anything." Hardik said going towards Shubman who nodded his head.

"It's just...he could have told me atleast where he was going. Without even knowing where he is, I don't want to think anything bad" Shubman sighed.

"It's okay Shubi, everyone are finding him. He will be back in no time." Hardik said patting his back.

Suddenly Shubman's phone rang. It was Rohit bhai and Shubman picked it up instantly. 

"Hello bhai" Shubman whispered.

"Shubman where are you right now?" Rohit asked.

"Outside of the hotel, we all are going inside." Shubman said and by then everyone had gathered around him.

"Go to your room" Rohit replied curtly.

"Why? What happened bhai?" Shubman asked.

"Just do what I am saying and when you get inside your room then call me. Me and Virat are coming back to the hotel as well." Rohit said and before Shubman could say anything he had cut the call.

"Bhai is asking me to go to my room?" Shubman murmured. 

"Let's go then." Rishabh shrugged and everyone accompanied him.

While getting inside the hotel, the whole staff was applauding them for the win. Not to act rude they thanked the staff and tried to get inside Shubman's room as fast as possible.

They all had different possibilities of why did Rohit bhai asked to go there but when they entered they never thought of this being the possibility.

And for once Shubman was glad that they all accompanied him because if they all were not their Shubman was sure he would have never kept his calm.

---

Gonna give a warning right away, I don't do well with depicting emotions. I mean I laugh at death scenes so please don't expect me to magically truly explain those sad scenes ;-;

So if the above scene was also not well written I am sorry...I dunno how to show that they all are worried for Ishan so please spare me 🥲🤌

I dunno how to show that they all are worried for Ishan so please spare me 🥲🤌

Lmfao that's me whenever you all say you are excited for the next chapter...coz i am also excited for what my brain cooks 💀🤌

I have not strategized the whole story I just had the starting and ending chapters in mind and the last chapter too Jaguanu  guessed correctly   T^T