Chapter 25

"Uncle what happened? " Ishan asked the driver as the cab suddenly stopped midway jolting him awake. How long had he been asleep?

"Maybe the tire is flat. Let me check." The driver replied and opened the door while getting off the car.

Ishan hummed taking out his phone to check the time. Oh god. How is it evening already? And if it's already so long then where was the driver taking him?

Ishan glanced out his window, suddenly hearing the sound of chaos outside.

Several men dressed in all black were attacking the driver.

His eyes widened as he witnessed the brutal stabbing. Panic surged through him as he realized he needed to escape, but he couldn't risk being noticed.

With trembling hands, he quickly locked all the doors and windows from inside the cab. He curled up on the floor, desperate to find a place to hide before they notice him.

Maybe they all will leave when they won't find anyone in the cab. He is hiding himself well so they won't be able to notice him right?

Oh well, how wrong he was, because those men were specifically there for him only.

After stabbing the life out of the driver they all walked towards the cab.

Ishan's heart pounded in his chest as he heard footsteps approaching the cab. He held his breath, praying the men wouldn't find him.

But as one of the men peeped inside through the windowsill with a sickening grin, Ishan knew his hiding spot had been discovered.

"Found him!" one of the men shouted, reaching down to break the window. Ishan quickly crawled towards the other side only to find another man there.

They all had gathered by the cab trying to break the window or the door of the cab. And one of them even got successfully in breaking the door and cracking it open.

He grabbed Ishan by the collar. He struggled and fought to break free, but the men were too strong. They dragged him out of the cab.

Ishan's mind raced as he tried to figure out why these men were after him. Who were they and what did they want?

But as the men forced him to his feet and dragged him away, Ishan knew that he was in serious trouble. And he had to find a way to escape, but how?

They were 9 and Ishan was alone, still he knows a bit of taekwondo. He can try to atleast take one or two down.

Before the man could push him towards their own car Ishan punched him  in the stomach, causing the man to double over in pain. Taking advantage of the distraction, Ishan quickly kicked another one of the men in the knee, causing him to stumble and fall to the ground.

The remaining men were caught off guard by Ishan's sudden burst. He used the opportunity to dash towards the nearest alleyway, hoping to lose them in the maze of streets.

As he ran, Ishan could hear the men shouting and cursing behind him. He knew he had to think fast and find a way to escape before they caught up to him. Why was all of this happening in another country? He doesn't even know any place.

Darn his luck.

Suddenly, Ishan spotted a crowded marketplace up ahead. Without hesitation, he ducked through the crowd, weaving in and out of the stalls and people. He could hear the men shouting behind him, but he was determined to put as much distance between them as possible.

After what felt like an eternity, Ishan finally emerged from the other side of the marketplace, breathing heavily and scanning his surroundings for any sign of the men. He lost them. Hiding behind an alleyway incase anyone find him he dugged out his phone.

Who should he call? 100? But they are not in India so he can't call police. He doesn't know the number of sri lankan police.

He can go out in the marketplace and ask for help but what if those men find him?

He can call the coach or his team. Yeah he will call them and ask for help.

Opening whatsapp he immediately sent his location to Rohit bhaiya. The message was sent, but it was showing single tick.

No problem, they got his location and now he will just call him.

The phone rang but nobody picked it. No issues they can be in practice. Shubman always bring his phone to practice.

He searched for Shubman's number but before he could dial a cloth came to his mouth. He tried to break free but two three men were gripping him down while the cloth, probably dipped in chloroform, was pushed on his face.

Ishan tried his best to thrash but they were all ganging upon him. He tried to scratch the man's wrist till it started bleeding, but the grip wasn't losened at all and slowly he fell unconscious.

The man chuckled holding Ishan in his arms.

"Aren't you my cute little kitten? See how you scratched my wrist. But don't worry babe, this blood doesn't even matter as long as I have you." The man muttered to himself.

"Take him to my car." He instructed before making them follow him.

They all sat to their own cars and drove away leaving him and Ishan alone in a black Mercedes.

"You look so cute while sleeping my honey munchkin." He cooed and pecked Ishan's nose.

"Let's go home." He grinned before putting on seat belt on both himself and Ishan and drove away.

---

"Why is he not picking up his phone?" Shubman sighed calling Ishan for the nth time.

Everyone were trying to contact him.

"Here, now call the coach and others." Virat said giving Rohit's phone to him, which was inside his bag.

Rohit quickly unlocked his phone only to see a missed call from Ishan. .

"Guys, Ishan had given me a missed called just 10 minutes ago." Rohit said.

"What? Where? Did he left a message?" Shubman asked taking Rohit's phone in his hand.

On any other circumstances Rohit would have scolded him, but they were too worried and anxious to focus onto what they were doing, that's why he didn't mind.

"He shared his location with you bhai. Why would Ishan suddenly share his location with you?" Shubman asked opening maps on whatsapp to see Ishan's location.

"Maybe he got into a situation? Where is the location showing? I will go there right now." Rohit asked.

"I will also go with you."

"Mee too"

"Me also"

"I also want to go" Aditi said and everyone looked at her.

"Aditi it's already late, and you all, everyone is not going. I will take only three more people with me tge rest of you all are going to the hotel." Rohit instructed.

There were a noises of disagreement but Rohit was quick to shut them up.

"The more we waste time here, the more difficult it will become to find him." Everyone sighed at that.

Nobody wanted to think the worst but Ishan sending his location so suddenly on the moment he had been missing is definitely not a good sign.

How much they wished it to be another prank of Ishan.

---

Guess the kidnapper.

Hint :: He is a character from this story. You might need to think about the previous chapters.