Chapter 13

2nd September, 2023

It was India's first match in Asia Cup, that too with Pakistan.

Everyone were so excited. All the seats were booked. Some even buying it in triple rate from black market. After all it was India vs Pakistan.

Kl rahul couldn't play so Ishan substituted him.

India won the toss and chose to bat first.

Rohit was the first one to bat and got going with a couple of boundaries off Shaheen Afridi's bowling. The tall left-arm speedster altered his length after a rain break to dismiss Rohit and Kohli in quick succession.

Rauf nipped out Shreyas Iyer and Gill which saw India getting reduced to 66/4 in the 15th over.

Everyone were scared, because the main batsmen couldn't score much. But Ishan and Hardik again ripped a hope in them.

With their backs against the wall, India fought back with a fantastic 138-run partnership between Ishan Kishan and Hardik Pandya.

Both of them fell in their 80s and India once again slipped (losing their last 5 wickets for 27 runs) to get bowled out for 266. The Pakistan pace troika took all the 10 wickets and India posted a competitive total despite a top-order collapse.

Before the Indian bowlers could show their magic, the rain came again.

At 9:52 pm when the rain still seemed to be unstoppable they had to end the match. Without having a winner they just gave 1 points each to both India and Pakistan.

Netizens were quiet dissappointed wanting the match to happen with choosing one winning team but they can't do it on the basis of one inning only.

Everyone were congratulating Hardik and Ishan because if not for them they all might have been all out in half the runs they scored.

Ishan was grateful how everyone were praising him but he thought he could still do better.

At last Shubman came and pulled Ishan into the longest hug.

"You did so great Ishu, all of us are proud of you." Shubman chuckled and ruffled his hair.

"Thanks" Ishan smiled.

"Hey man atleast give us a proper smile." Rishabh said patting his back.

" I am smiling bhai" Ishan replied.

"Come on we all know the great white pearly teeth smile of yours. Give us that one." Rishabh ushered him.

"B-but I didn't even scored a century so how can I give that idiotic smile. I mean how much of a stupid I was that couldn't even score 100 runs." Ishan muttered.

"Ishan the only thing stupid about you is how stupidly perfect you are." Shubman said taking Ishan's face in his hands.

Ishan smiled a bit through his shiny eyes.

"Look look here comes the Ishan special smile, everyone keep complimenting him we are getting there." Shreyas snorted and everyone else chuckled.

"Rohit do you think I am stupid?" Virat asked his bestfriend suddenly, wanting to fish out a compliment as well.

"Shit, who told you the truth?" Rohit snickered.

Virat gasped and pulled Rohit into a headlock.

Everyone started laughing loudly at the interaction of the two seniors.

Ishan also chuckled at that, forgetting about his worries. Virat and Rohit's interactions were just so soothing.

After a while when they were done with their besties for life drama everyone dispersed to get changed.

Rohit and Virat both came towards Ishan.

"Champ you really did well." Virat said and ruffled his hair.

"Thank you bhai" Ishan said looking at them.

"Ishan listen to me. I know how does it feel to be so close to a century and still couldn't get it. But you know if you really wanted a century then you could have slowed down and calculated each hit, which would definitely waste a few balls as well. But you didn't, you were still playing each ball and gaining as much runs as you could with Hardik, because you know at that moment India couldn't afford to waste any ball. You played for India and did what was necessary at that time. So my boy these runs are far better than a century." Rohit said patting his shoulder.

Ishan looked at Rohit for a few seconds before hugging him tightly. Rohit chuckled and caressed his back.

"We also used to think like that, we had experienced it but trust me Ishan the whole country is right now adoring your partnership with Hardik." Virat said.

"I know I am sorry I said that I wa-"

"If I ever heard you apologizing just because you shared what you feel I will hit you with my bat till either you or my bat gets broken." Rohit deadpanned. Even Virat got the shivers because of his tone.

"Uhm Rohit we are supposed to make him feel better?" Virat muttered.

"Trust me Chiku he will feel better after this." Rohit replied.

And yes Rohit was right, because maybe Ishan needed just that. A scolding which could break the wall of insecurities build up inside him and make him feel better about himself.

Rohit was right, and maybe that's why he is the captain because he knows everything.

---

Ishan was ready to hit the bed as soon as he reached his room, but Shubman forced him to go and shower first. With a defeated fight with him he grumbled while going to the bathroom.

Shubman changed into comfortable clothes till then. He already took a bathe in the changing room of stadium.

Ishan joined him to the bed soon after, closing his eyes instantly they both were ready to sleep and they did.

Sleeping for more than ten hours they both missed the breakfast. Ishan was grumpy whole morning accusing Shubman that because of him he couldn't eat anything. Shubman didn't said anything because empty stomach Ishan is a danger.

"Stop scaring the poor boy. Me and Surya came to wake you guys but you were too busy sleeping. Don't blame him" Rishabh retorted.

"But I am hungry and I can't practice without eating anything." Ishan huffed.

"But who is telling you to practice now? Didn't Rohit bhai told that you will not be practicing today unless the physio says your thigh is okay." Shreyas said coming to them in the corridor.

"Huh when?" Ishan furrowed his eyebrows.

"In the breakfast table he told us all." Shreyas shrugged.

"He didn't came as he was sleeping." Surya deadpanned.

"I know that, but you guys didn't told him? I thought you both would have told him." Shreyas replied.

"We could have told him but he was too busy sulking to listen to us" Rishabh said.

"You guys should have told him right away so he could stop sulking and go and eat something. He doesn't have practice so he can eat anything." Shreyas snorted.

"But wait why does he needs to go to the physio?" Shubman asked.

"Aree the ball hit his thigh yesterday so they just want to confirm if he is fit or not." Surya replied.

"Oh"

"Yeah, now what are you waiting for Ishu?" Surya looked at him and Ishan smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry I will go to the cafeteria. Bye guys." Ishan spoke and yeeted from there leaving everyone shaking their heads.

---

If anyone wants to join instagram group for shubish then dm moii

We will share all the shubish moments in there so no one miss out anything

( PS:: You might get friends too)