Chapter 3

"And you all should have been there. Shubman's eyes were as wide as saucers when he saw Sara there with her friends." Ishan laughed concluding the incident. 

"This kid always blacks out whenever he meets Sara" Hardik chuckled.

"Hey, it's not my fault. I was not ready to meet Sara so suddenly" Shubman huffed.

" The great Shubman gill, the prince of India needs time to be prepared to meet his friends huh " Ishan retorted while sitting comfortably beside Surya.

Shubman huffed and threw a pillow at Ishan who he dodged gracefully and it hit right at Surya.

"Such a bad shot and you are a cricketer" Hardik chuckled. 

" Yeah imagine what would Virat bhai think if he will get to know about your bowling skills" Surya butted in while throwing the pillow back at Shubman who caught it just before it could hit his face.

"Okay okay stop ganging upon the poor boy." Rohit said.

"But we were just having some fun bhai" Ishan pouted.

"Tomorrow we all have a match remember so let's go back to our rooms and you mumbai indians, we have to go back to our hotel as well so get your butts up from here" Rohit dismissed and heard some whines of protest from everyone but still he was adamant till they all got up.

"Even hardik bhai is not that much strict" Ishan muttered.

"Oh yeah? See the boy on field in the captain avatar and then you will know" Surya replied to him while practically dragging Ishan with him.

---

26 May 2023.

Mi vs Gt, the second most anticipated match in the ipl. Both the teams could feel adrenaline rushing into their nerves as they were coming to the ground.

The fans chanting their names, some supporting Mi and some supporting Gt.

There were a few fans who were wearing the jersey of Chennai Super kings and chanting Dhoni's name even when it was not their game.

"Do your best boys" Rohit said before everyone get into their forms. Mumbai Indians was going to ball first and Gujarat Titans was batting.

Ishan took his position as a wicket keeper along with everyone else and the match started.

---

Halfway through the game, probably at the 16th over when Chris Jordan, Mumbai Indian's bowler, was going to console England pacer who gave away 17 runs to Gujarat Titans in his 3rd over he accidentally knocked his left elbow hardly to Ishan.

Jordan didn't knew the proximity he had with Ishan who was behind him and it resulted in toppling the wicketkeeper while grunting in pain whis left elbow accidentally met Ishan's eye.

All the members went towards Ishan who was in the ground due to the freak eye injury. Rohit announced its just  bruise and took Ishan away from the ground. The whole stadium was silent for a moment before the new wicketkeeper came to  continue the game.

Everyone had forgotten about the accident including Rohit bhai too who came back into the field just after taking Ishan back into the room. Except Shubman who wanted the game to end faster so he could meet his friend.

Maybe it was the urge to end the game faster and go back to his bestfriend or just simply a game rush but the adrenaline made Shubman score 129 in just 60 balls.

When their innings ended everyone were cheering for Shubman including Sara who came to watch the semi finale as well. She was there to cheer for Mumbai Indians but she couldn't help herself seeing such great shots of Shubman.

At the time of innings break she went to him and congratulated him for his performance. Shubman smiled and then asked about Ishan knowing well she first went to Mumbai Indian's break room.

"Ah his eye injury is kind of serious and not just a small bruise so he is with physio right now" She replied.

"Is it that much serious? " Shubman asked, his voice full of worry.

"Not too serious but yeah he won't be able to play in the second innings." Sara hummed.

"I wish I could go and see him right now" Shubman sighed.

"Don't worry you can go and meet him after the match ends. Focus on your game now and if you want me to pass any message right now then I can do it because Dad is with Ishu right now." Sara spoke.

"Ishu? Are you guys that much close?" Shubman asked.

"Yeah he is always there when I videocall bhai so you know" Sara shrugged.

"Oh"

"Yeah, all the best though. " Sara said before hugging him and going back.

It was fair to say Shubman's heartbeat stopped then and there and he forgot about everything happening around him.

---

A/N - I haven't published this book right now and I am writing the third chapter already.  I am not even sure if I will publish it or just keep it in my drafts but if I do publish it then I hope the readers won't find it cringe.