Chapter 46: trauma

Soon, a thick fog rose from the end of the wasteland.

The weather outside the city is changeable, sunny, rainy, snowy and foggy can change in an instant. The night sky was so clear just now, but it was immediately engulfed by milky white fog.

Shi Yuan stood next to Lu Tinghan, seeing the fog, and suddenly realized that Lu Tinghan hadn't spoken for a long time. He looked up, and Lu Tinghan looked at Tiecheng, staring intently at the jellyfish swarm, as if waiting for something.

Shi Yuan followed his gaze.

The light of jellyfish is weak, and it can only be seen on sunny days. Now, their translucent bodies are gradually disappearing.

Before they're all gone—

A vague, tall figure appeared. The antlers are intricate like the roots of an old tree, the translucent, shimmering white body, and the fog in the long and narrow eyes drifting outwards.

It was a deer.

A deer taller than any tree, any power tower.

It walked very slowly, with its head held high, its antlers magnificent, and every step it took was full of elegance. Most of its body was wrapped in mist, leaving only a faint outline. Like a legendary beast descending, it slowly stepped out in this secluded night.

Before the end, the deer leaped the streams and roamed the woods, and now it roams the wilderness. Here is its wonderland.

Shi Yuan realized that Lu Tinghan's long staring was waiting for it.

If he has enough common sense, he will know that this particular infected creature is named "Deer Beyond the High Forest", named after it often appears in the woods, and most people also call it "Forest Deer". Before the pollutant "Black Queen" from Abyss 0 appeared, it had always been the infected creature with the highest pollution value.

It doesn't hit cities.

Like the jellyfish, it lingers forever in Iron City.

The fog thickened, jellyfish flew into the sky, and the deer outside the high forest surged like waves. After all the jellyfish disappeared, Lin Lu also disappeared in the wasteland, as if it was a strange and ethereal dream.

After that, the sky and the earth turned white, and there was nothing left.

The temperature dropped several degrees in just 5 minutes. Shi Yuan exhaled white air, and was hugged by Lu Tinghan down the city wall, and returned to the warm car.

The car drove forward, and the driver remained silent.

Behind them, the lights on the city wall were still hanging, and they continued to wait for a long time.

When Shi Yuan got home, he took a hot bath and knocked on Lu Tinghan's door. Lu Tinghan was sitting at the table reading a book, while he was lying by the window looking into the distance. The night view was different from that of Gleaner City. There were windmills, solar panels, and energy towers everywhere. The tram tracks cut through the entire city, which was very novel.

Shi Yuan thought of the jellyfish and the deer outside Gaolin again, and asked Lu Tinghan, "What kind of person is your father?"

"...He is a very good commander." Lu Tinghan said, "After graduating from the Alliance Military Academy, he has made great progress, and was soon appointed as a commander in Iron City, winning many battles."

"No, I don't want to hear these." Shi Yuan protested, "I can find these things on the Internet. I want to hear things that I can't find, and I want to hear the stories you tell." Sudoku is done, you promised to tell me."