Chapter 14: "The Martyr"

"Yeah." Shi Yuan nodded cautiously, "I know."

"The watcher is not a good job." Xia Fang said, "The abyss will pollute all living things. People who can be watchers are talented and have very strong resistance. They will be injected with inhibitors every three days. But the abyss The influence of it is subtle, and no one knows whether he has been affected after living next to it for a long time."

Shi Yuan asked: "Isn't it possible to take a blood test?"

"Blood drawing can only check whether you are physically infected," Xia Fang pointed to her head, "but no one can tell the changes here, right?"

"What do you mean?" Shi Yuan said, "Your head will change?"

"..." Xia Fang broke down, "Shi Yuan, I'm talking about thinking! Thinking!"

"Oh." Shi Yuan was a little confused.

Xia Fang took a few deep breaths of cigarettes before calming down, and said: "Among the monitors, a very high proportion of them have mental problems, and many people's thinking has become... different from ordinary people, some are vicious and violent, some are paranoid, and some are mentally ill. It's persecutory delusions, and most of all it's the habit of monsters-like Tracy."

He flicked the orange cigarette butt: "Even the monitors who are normal at the beginning may have new problems as time goes by, as if the abyss is hidden in their heads, becoming a time bomb/bomb , will explode at any time. There is a great hidden danger for such a person to be a commander. Even if he goes wrong once, he can kill countless people. Therefore, those who want to be officers will not become watchers, that is tantamount to self-destructive future ."

Shi Yuan suddenly realized: "But Lu Tinghan is also a watcher."

"Yes." Xia Fang said, "so no one knows what he's thinking. He graduated early from a high-level military academy at the age of 18. His grades are so good that all the grandmothers on the street know his name. Everyone thinks that he wants to show off his ambitions. As a result, he became a watcher, do you think he is crazy?"

Shi Yuan curled up the tip of his tail guiltily, and whispered, "That's a good abyss, it won't infect people."

"What an abyss? What nonsense are you talking about?" Xia Fang sneered, "At that time, everyone was against the admiral. His talent should not be wasted. He should be a commander and blow up those The monster's head. He won't listen, he must go to Abyss No. 0, and he will go there for ten years."

He smoked, exhaling a puff of white smoke into the air, the pungent taste of inferior tobacco.

He continued: "But a genius is a genius, and it deserves an exception for the alliance. When he was in the observation tower, he used the military optical brain to command many battles and won many battles. Later, he rose to the top and became the only one who was a senior commander. monitor."

Shi Yuan heard Lu Tinghan's story for the first time.

He asked: "Then why did Lu Tinghan want to be a watcher?"

"I don't know." Xia Fang said, "Everyone doesn't know. Maybe he is too young, with a brain that can't tell right from wrong-and some young people think that the abyss watcher is very handsome. Anyway, he was He's only 18 years old, and his blood is normal."