Chapter 43: Farewell to Gleaner City

The screen of the entire command center was red, and the infection rate soared to an unbelievable level. It's too late to give an early warning, the wave of monsters has already approached the city!

It was a large expanse of blooming flowers.

They are all kinds of strange and strange, with the most brilliant colors in the world. When the large pieces are spread out, it is like a painter splashing colors on the wilderness with his brush. Even though it was night, it was still dazzling to the extreme.

The laser weapon salvo on the city wall pierced through the petals and vines, but they were endless, rushing up like a wave in an instant. Gleaner City is like a lonely and weak boat, floating in the colorful waves.

In just 10 minutes, the petals arrived under the city wall and began to climb. The flamethrowers/device arranged on the wall could not burn them, but they were caught by the vines and completely destroyed. After a fierce stalemate, mortars, kinetic machine guns, and searchlights were all completely destroyed by plants.

and after that-

The colors explode, jump over the high walls, and pour into the city!

The defense line of Gleaming City fell.

Lu Tinghan's premonition is correct, the "prelude" is over, and the "chorus" is coming. This is the horror of peak infection: the deadliest outbreaks come suddenly and with such fury that there is no room for reaction. Even if the city wall is usually strong and unbreakable, it is like paper in front of it.

This is also why, the alliance at its peak gradually declined, and cities were swallowed up by wilderness.

More than 1,000 people in the East District have not been evacuated. There are constant gunfire and screams, and the flames of the explosion are soaring into the sky, which is like a hellish scene. Infected flowers bloom everywhere, from the street to the roof, from the underground waterway to the clock tower, they grow too fast, the vegetation covers the steel structure, and it becomes a carnival of plants.

Everyone fled in all directions, only Shi Yuan rushed towards the East District.

His goal is the Grand Theater.

The journey was long, and he was panting from running, with a sweet and fishy smell in his throat.

If it turned into a black mist, his speed would be much faster, but Lu Tinghan taught him a lot, including how the army locates monsters according to the pollution index. His pollution value is too high. If he shows his real body, it will only disrupt the battle situation and make the army lose all effective positioning. This will undoubtedly be fatal; Kill them and turn them into kin, endowing them with power and eternal time.

He can only run.

Give full play to his not-so-good physical ability and try to run forward.

By the time Shiyuan entered the Eastern District, the people had already dispersed, and every few intersections were troops fighting in the corner. Fortunately, Lu Tinghan had already asked them to strengthen the defensive points where they were stationed, so as to gather the defensive strength of the city wall. In point defense, it provides valuable shelter to people.

Shi Yuan didn't meet anyone else along the way, but saw a few bones among the blooming flowers.

The lights of the theater were not far away, Shi Yuan supported the wall to take a few breaths, and just about to continue walking, he heard a voice: "Help! Help!"