Chapter 63: Dream

72 years ago, before the beginning of the end of the world, the space center was brightly lit, and the frigate would be able to sail long distances and lead people to the sea of ​​stars in just over ten years.

This step is far away, but it can't be passed. "Overview" is a foregone conclusion, and the alliance will no longer be able to touch the starry sky.

The observation results of the detector gave the research center a new idea: the abyss is very likely to come from the universe and spread in an unimaginable way.

"It's really strange." Professor Guan said, "They exist in two worlds with us. Just like two-dimensional creatures can't understand us, they can't understand how we travel through the 'height', and we can't understand the abyss either. I can't imagine why they can travel in the universe-what is the abyss? Is it a phenomenon, is it a living thing, or is it a higher existence?"

"I'm afraid I can't define it." Lu Tinghan said, "We have never grasped their infection methods and the deformation laws of infected organisms."

"...That's right." Professor Guan took off his reading glasses and wiped them with his coat. "Throughout history, only the phrase 'survival of the fittest' is an eternal truth. We claim to be the best species, building cities ,Affecting the environment, many creatures are eliminated by nature, and many disappear because of us. Now, it is us who cannot adapt to the environment."

"I..." His hands hang down, leaning on the desk, "I have studied the infection for most of my life, and I think there will be no results."

"I don't understand the research," Lu Tinghan said, "but this is not the end of the story, at least we are all alive."

Professor Guan was silent.

He put on his reading glasses and suddenly asked, "How long will General Su remain in power?"

Lu Tinghan looked at him without saying anything.

Under the light of the meeting room, his golden epaulettes were dazzling, like the radiance of a sharp sword.

Professor Guan: "You don't understand research, I don't understand command, but I can see that you are far better than him. You two are known as the strong shield and sharp blade of the alliance, but now, the strong shield is too old and too meek Now, we only need a sharp blade, a sharp blade that can break the deadlock."

He took a deep breath: "In the past, I would never support the concentration of power in one person's hands. Now we have no choice. Both 'Echo' and 'Overlook' have failed, and there is no hope at all. Whether research or command , every step we take must be the optimal solution, and there is no way we can retreat. General Lu, can you tell me, what does Admiral Su... mean?"

Lu Tinghan replied: "No comment."

Professor Guan rubbed his eyebrows and sighed softly: "Then I will take my leave first. General Lu, you should rest earlier."

The lights in the conference room were turned off, and only sporadic lights were on in the research center.

Lu Tinghan walked out of the research center. He turned on his phone, and there were several unread private messages on it.

An hour ago.

Long-tailed grunting monster: [Why haven't you come back yet]