Chapter 48: confession

Shi Yuan and Lu Tinghan got into the car.

It was already curfew time, but Lu Tinghan had the privilege, the black car drove towards the quiet street. Half an hour later, the car stopped in front of an abandoned medium-sized energy tower.

The energy tower is about twice the height of ordinary residential buildings. Its appearance is dilapidated, and a large number of steel plates, wiring, and solar panel wreckage are exposed.

Lu Tinghan lifted the seal in front of the energy tower, and said to Shi Yuan, "Come in. Don't worry, there is no risk of collapse here, it's just completely broken."

The elevator couldn't be used, so Shi Yuan followed Lu Tinghan up the stairs. The stairs are usually used by workers for maintenance. They are narrow and firm, and they remain intact.

Soon, they reached the top of the tower.

The top of the tower is a huge roof, a large area full of scrapped solar panels, quite spectacular.

Lu Tinghan said as he walked, "This place was destroyed by the 'hot hurricane'."

Shi Yuan: "Is it that special infected creature?"

"Yes." Lu Tinghan said, "It attacked Fengyang City 38 years ago, leaving only a quarter of the city's population, and the northern city was completely destroyed."

At that time, the mad snake-like infected creature descended with a sandstorm, the scarlet letter hissed, and the ultra-high temperature combined with the wind and waves, without protection, no matter how strong a warrior would be, he would lose consciousness within 5 minutes.

Fengyang City is the energy hub of the alliance. It has the most advanced and complete power generation and storage capacity. After the end of the world, all energy facilities have been redesigned to be able to defend against most monsters. However, the "hot hurricane" still destroyed half of the city. City.

Lu Tinghan stood at the railing of the roof, pointing to the distance: "That's Beicheng District."

When Shi Yuan looked, he saw an artificial river running through the city, with water pumps beside the river and waterwheels on the river. It divides the northern and southern districts of the city.

On the other side of the river is a hideous ruin, with collapsed houses, overturned windmills, broken streets, and a few energy towers with only skeletons left, pointing to the sky alone.

The ruins are continuous and endless.

Some areas are still complete, and the original appearance can be imagined. Shi Yuan even saw the kind of amusement facility called a Ferris wheel, while some areas really have nothing. The steel forest has been annihilated, like fallen leaves returning to their roots.

"I used to come here when I was young." Lu Tinghan said, "There is no one at home. For me, the view and fresh air here are more attractive."

Shi Yuan asked: "Will you stand here too? Stand where you are now?"

"Yes." Lu Tinghan replied, "I like to see the city from this angle. Every morning, all the solar panels are facing east, and the light they reflect is very bright, gathering together like another sunrise. They are too dazzling at noon, No one will look at them. At dusk they stop working and only the windmills remain."