Chapter 28: a fish

Before going to the cemetery, Lu Tinghan took Shi Yuan to another place.

The car was parked outside the old city, and the February spring breeze was blowing unexpectedly. The two walked on the street, with moss crawling in the cracks between the bricks and a few trembling weeds growing.

In a war, this area was completely destroyed. Even if it was rebuilt, it could not return to its original appearance, leaving a lot of ruins.

This is a residential area with inconvenient transportation, few urban facilities, and no bus station. The nearest supermarket is 11 kilometers away. The power supply and water supply are not stable. The only advantage is that the rent is cheap. Work a little harder to hold back the ceiling and peeling off at any time. It is not difficult to buy an old house with cracked walls.

The road was empty, Shi Yuan looked around, the windows were either covered by curtains, or the glass was so yellowed that no one could be seen.

After walking like this for about ten minutes, laughter came from the wind.

A pure white building stands not far away, and there is a small courtyard at the entrance, where children are chasing and playing with each other, swings, slides, sand pools, wooden horses... There are cartoon graffiti painted on the wall, which are exaggerated and bright colors. There is a sign on the iron gate at the main entrance: [Star Children's Welfare Institute]

The staff waited at the main entrance and opened the door for them.

Shi Yuan followed Lu Tinghan through the madly running children, all the way to the 5th floor of the building, and entered the dean's office.

The dean was Martha Faith, an elderly woman with graying hair and reading glasses.

She stood up to greet them, held Lu Tinghan's hand, her eyes were narrowed into a smile, "General, you haven't been here for a long time, and the children are clamoring to see you." Her eyes fell on Shi Yuan again ,"Who is this..."

"Hi, my name is Shi Yuan." Shi Yuan said.

"Hello." Martha shook his hand too.

It was an old hand, Shi Yuan felt its wrinkles and loose skin, but it was not annoying, she said with a smile, "This is the first time the general brought someone here, you are his of...?"

Shi Yuan thought for a few seconds: "Card friends."

Lu Tinghan: "..."

Shi Yuan felt that if Martha hadn't been there, he would have been shot in the head by Lu Tinghan.

Martha led them down the corridor, talking as they walked.

She said that the west wall collapsed when the alarm was issued, and it has been repaired all the time, and some children naughty approached the construction site to play, but fortunately she found out;

She said that 4 more children were adopted, but there were almost 10 new children, some were abandoned, and some lost their parents accidentally;

She said that thanks to the policy support of the alliance, when it was the most difficult time, someone helped to go to the supermarket more than ten kilometers away to purchase, and the children could still eat healthy food. If they had the opportunity, they would expand the dormitory and kitchen. The building capacity is too small now. , the children are crowded together;