Chapter 62: "overlook"

"How do you know you're going to succeed?" Shi Yuan asked Wu Zhengqing.

"I have worked in the space center all my life." Wu Zhengqing smiled until his eyes narrowed. "I have several colleagues and subordinates who are now working in the data center. They told me."

"It turned out to be like this." Shi Yuan recalled that he asked Alice half a month ago about the progress of "Overview", and Alice also said that it was too late.

Wu Zhengqing was very excited, and talked with Shi Yuan for a long time.

"By the way, I haven't talked to you about the spacecraft yet." Wu Zhengqing said, "The only surviving spacecraft is called 'Seeker One', and it is now underground in the main city. Do you still remember that the chief engineer and I Did Tan Yingguang fly the first frigate?"

Shi Yuan nodded.

Wu Zhengqing: "It can't reach the speed of light, and it has many defects, but it means that we can travel freely in the universe. After that, Lao Tan and I continued to study and built three more frigates, one of which was damaged, and one with detection equipment. One of them is 'Seeker 1'. It can reach the sublight speed of 30, and if the planet 15 light-years away from us is confirmed to be habitable, it will reach the end in only 50 years!"

Shi Yuan: "Wow!"

"Isn't it great! As long as, as long as the two astronauts are alive, they can start a new civilization, and the landing frigate will be their first home. Even if the astronauts die unexpectedly, as long as one robot is still functioning , it can wake up and cultivate fertilized eggs and seeds according to the program, and its hard disk stores all our languages ​​and cultural heritage, which can be taught to newborns." Wu Zhengqing's old face turned red, "This It's a daunting task, but it's also a new hope."

He grabbed Shi Yuan's shoulder and said, "Shi Yuan, can you stay until night today? I want you to take a look at Xinghai."

Shi Yuan agreed.

He told Lu Tinghan: [I'll be home later today]

Lu Tinghan: [Is there something wrong? 】

【I want to see the stars】

【With whom? 】

【Mr. He Wu】

Lu Tinghan: [Well, come back early]

Shi Yuan felt that actually Lu Tinghan didn't care about Xing Xing, but only cared about who he stayed with.

Mr. Wu is an answer that satisfies him.

Shi Yuan had dinner at the welfare center, and then went back to Wu Zhengqing's small room.

The room has a small loft.

The attic didn't exist originally, but the ceiling was sloped in one section, with a small skylight wide enough for two people. This is also the only window in the house, Wu Zhengqing took a fancy to it, and decided to get it that day.

He is an old and weak mutant, but also an engineer with a strong hands-on spirit. He stacked beds, cabinets, chairs, cardboard boxes and iron boxes, and stood on top to reach the window-as soon as the staff came in, they saw a thin old man standing on the rickety pile of sundries, reaching out to touch it. Skylight, scared them to death.