hapter 15: nightmare

The pitch-black flock of birds, the shrill calls, the bursting flames, and the smell of rancidity and burning in the air.

Finally, the infected birds gave up their offensive and disappeared into the darkness with their severed limbs and feathers. The aircraft and armed helicopter adjusted their formation and began to return.

There was a burst of cheers from the command center.

This battle came suddenly. The monitors of No. 4 Abyss caught the abnormality of the distortion value and gave a timely warning. They gave Gleaming City the crucial 3 minutes of preparation time. Lu Tinghan, as always, fought a very beautiful battle .

Lu Tinghan took down the military optical brain and gave up the front-line command.

His temples were slightly damp with sweat, and he returned to the office alone amidst overwhelming applause.

Turning on a desk lamp, Lu Tinghan stood in front of the window, the slightly dim light fell on his side, casting his face in half-brightness.

He didn't have the joy of victory, as if the cheers weren't for him. He looked into the distance, his gaze seemed to pass through the city wall, and he saw flocks of frightened birds, the boundless wasteland, the wreckage of a burned helicopter lying in the plaster, its only remaining rotor pointing to the sky, like a tombstone under the night. In the far distance, the values ​​on the monitoring panel were jumping, the giant searchlights were suddenly turned on, and the abyss watchers put on protective masks and walked in the whirling, rust-smelling infection gust.

He just stared at it for a long time.

Until the door was knocked, the adjutant knocked on the door and came in, bringing the latest report.

Lu Tinghan took the report, went back to the table and said, "Help me get the things on that table."

The adjutant responded.

Those things are not confidential, more like personal items, all random notes and drafts. The adjutant stacked them together, his eyes suddenly stopped.

The sketchbook just turned to the latest page-a beautiful boy with a strange appearance was drawn on it, with devil horns on his head and black scales at the corners of his eyes.

Lu Tinghan's drawing skills are very good, the youth is vivid on paper. The adjutant felt that he was looking at him intently, in a strange manner, calm and gentle, almost detached.

It's hard to describe what kind of feeling this is, and it's also hard to tell whether he is the savior in the ivory tower or a demon from hell. It's as if he is attached to your ear, saying that I like you so much, but we can only be together forever.

It was obviously just a sketch, but the adjutant seemed to be stunned, and he could only look away after a few seconds.

Who is this drawing? he thought.

Averting his gaze, he saw curved lines on the draft paper again. There were two or three of them. He couldn't tell what it was. It was a bit like... a knotted rope? Knotted tail?

He quickly put the idea behind him, laughing to himself at the whims of the day.

It is impossible for General Lu to draw a knotted tail, so he drew it two or three times.