Chapter 3: Abyss

Wang Yu didn't pay attention to Shi Yuan's shock, and was serious about popularizing science.

【abyss】

It is the scariest thing in the world.

70 years ago, that is, in 2170, several abysses appeared out of thin air, within the polar circle, deep in the desert, in the middle of the rainforest... No one knows how they came into being, but they are bottomless and devour everything.

Creatures close to the abyss were alienated, birds grew five or six heads, insects and ants became gigantic, wild wolves could still run with only bones left, and the creatures attacked by them continued to mutate, and the situation was out of control.

The Alliance did its best to fend off the infection, however the pattern of mutations was beyond known science. More and more deadly creatures appeared one after another, human beings were infected, cities fell, and order collapsed. Now only a few cities exist, and a defense line that can be called an iron wall has been built.

All diseases come from the abyss, it is the source of infection, it leads to the end of the world.

People use many words to describe it: aberration, natural disaster, catastrophe... Some people say that we can finally find out by scientific means, some say that this is nature's revenge on human beings, and some say that this is the confirmation of the apocalypse.

No matter how much struggle and counterattack, no matter how much cursing and hatred, the abyss is still there.

Everyone is afraid and helpless.

"It's been a long time, it's been like this since I was born." Wang Yu said, "When I was young, my parents always told me what the world was like before the end of the world, showing me videos, movies, photos, etc., but I I still feel that the 'normal world' is far away." She smiled at Shi Yuan, "You can't even imagine it."

Lu Bafang interjected: "When my dad told me that deer had and should only have four legs, I didn't believe him, saying that he couldn't use his brain well, so he whipped him with a belt. Grandma, every deer I saw had four legs. It looks so random, from 10 legs to no legs, how can you blame me!"

Shi Yuan calmed down and listened silently.

Wang Yu continued: "Of course, the research on the abyss has never stopped. We know that each abyss is an independent individual with a unique infection method. For example, the feature of No. 7 abyss is 'giant', and the creatures infected by it The body size will be magnified by dozens or even hundreds of times. For example, the feature of No. 3 Abyss is "skeletalization", and the feature of No. 4 Abyss is "multiple limbs deformity"-the deer Lu Bafang met is likely to be this kind. We haven't found out whether there is a connection between the abyss."

Shi Yuan was unusually quiet.

After a while, he asked: "Then...will someone live beside the abyss?"

"Live?" Wang Yu was a little surprised, "It's unlikely, at least for ordinary people." She paused, "There are only troops stationed there, that is, 'Abyss Watchers'. As the name suggests, they are responsible for observing the abyss People. Ordinary people wish to be as far away from the abyss as possible."

She thought that Shi Yuan would not be interested in this topic, but Shi Yuan suddenly raised her head and asked, "Where can I find the watcher?"