Chapter 49: breadwinner little monster

Shi Yuan truly felt that since he was with Lu Tinghan, he was responsible for the family.

He recalled what monsters like to do.

He'd seen crows carrying shiny eyeballs back to their nests, infecting deer herds to kill intruding creatures, sharpening their antlers with their skulls, and peacocks actively spreading their rotting tail feathers to court a human-faced flower.

Shiyuan couldn't do this in the city. He can only think of other ways.

In any case, raising a family is the basic skill, the bottom line of a monster.

After the peak period, wages have dropped too much, and most people live on food stamps. Shi Yuan's hourly salary is only 2 yuan. He doesn't know how Lu Tinghan's salary is calculated, he can only make up for the family as much as possible, and can't let his future mating partner suffer from starvation.

In the next few days, Lu Tinghan went to the main city but did not come back, Shi Yuan worked hard to support his family.

The food stamps were not used up, he left a few cans and a few biscuits, took them home, and carefully put them in the cabinet, in case Lu Tinghan had nothing to eat.

Occasionally saw small flowers on the side of the road, Shi Yuan picked them home and put them in a small vase. He also brought back a few beautiful stones and put them in a small pile in front of the fish tank. He knows that a well-appointed den will make a mate happy.

Shi Yuan also heard Daisy talking about her family's fish.

"Oh, my boyfriend gave me some fish." Daisy said, holding her chin, "I gave it a long time ago, and I have been raising it, and now I have a few rounds of small fish. After each warning, I have to pay out of my own pocket to test them for infection, it's like burning money."

Another colleague chimed in: "Throw them away, don't keep them!"

"No way." Daisy frowned, "At least I kept them for so many years, I didn't want them to die, but if they were released, they were infected outside the city in the end, it's really troublesome..."

Shi Yuan listened for a while, and asked Daisy: "Can you raise them for me? I will pay for it."

Daisy was surprised: "Why do you keep them? I didn't expect you to like this kind of pet."

Shi Yuan said, "I want to support my family."

"What?" Daisy didn't understand at all, confused, "If you want to raise it, I can bring you the fish directly, without your money."

The next day, Shi Yuan returned home with five or six fish.

They are all small gray fishes, neither species nor attractive, but they are full of energy and can keep bubbling. Shi Yuan filled Lu Tinghan's old fish tank with water, let the fish down, and watched them swim around.

At night, he made a video with Lu Tinghan and told Lu Tinghan: "There will be a surprise when you come home!"

Lu Tinghan asked: "What surprise? You won't scratch my clothes with your horn again, will you?"

"How is it possible." Shi Yuan said, "I never demolish my house."

Lu Tinghan recalled the living room full of cotton wool and clothes residue before, and fell into silence.