Chapter 35: convoy out of town

10 minutes ago, the defense line at the south gate of Gleaming City.

Bing Siyun stood on the city wall, and a soldier saluted him: "Lieutenant Bing, ammunition support has arrived."

Bing Siyun: "Okay, I understand."

The soldiers were ready for battle, all the defensive turrets were raised, and the aircraft whizzed past overhead.

Bing Siyun hasn't rested for a long time, his eyes are red, and the stubble from the beard that he didn't have time to shave is green. Since the i-level warning, the monitors reported that the infection rate of the abyss has risen as a whole. It is obviously not the breeding season, but the monsters are extremely restless.

At the beginning of the peak period, the battle situation will not change significantly.

But like a blunt knife cutting through flesh, everything went downhill irreversibly.

what can we do about it? How long can the city last?

Can they wait until the trough returns as before?

As soon as this almost weak idea came up, he suppressed it.

Bing Siyun turned around, intending to instruct the adjutant to add two patrol teams, but just as he was about to speak, he found that he couldn't see anything.

What is in front of me is real, and there is nothing.

Only rich to the extreme black.

...what is this? he thought blankly.

Am I... dead?

The buzzer brought him back to reality: the infection detector on his waist was screaming, and Bing Siyun had never heard such a high-frequency warning sound. If he could see the pollution value, he would find that it had reached its peak. Because it cannot be displayed, it becomes a string of garbled characters.

He trembled involuntarily.

Bing Siyun has been in the battlefield for a long time. He has been to the most dangerous outposts and has done wilderness rescue for five or six years. He has been in the army for more than 20 years. He thinks he has seen too many monsters, but he has never been so frightened for a moment.

The darkness was silent, but he heard a strange noise.

How to describe it?

It was like the echo of the deep sea, the noise of alien stars, the silent sigh of the skeleton crawling out of the grave under the fresh soil; Make people fall insane forever.

This is probably the sound when everything is annihilated.

However, at the end of annihilation...

He seemed to see a lighthouse-like light.

After a few seconds, the darkness receded.

Drenched in sweat, Bing Siyun turned around abruptly.

A burst of black mist disappeared at the end of the wasteland, so fast it was almost an illusion. His hands were still shaking, and he reported to the command center. Five minutes later, the communication terminal received a notification: [It has been confirmed as the infection wavelength of Abyss No. 0, please reply immediately]