32

Chapter 32 The World II

    There was no court meeting on the second day, but Wen Heng still had to go to the palace.

    The ministers of the cabinet need to be on duty in the palace, read the memorial for the emperor, draft the solution, and then submit it to the emperor for decision. The ministers decided that the emperor only needs to seal it.

    The place where the cabinet ministers are on duty is located in the northeast of the Mingzheng Hall. It is a dark and narrow room. Several cabinet elders who are facing upwards are very beautiful. When they arrive in the palace, they still have to squeeze into this small room to work.

    The first assistant in the cabinet, surnamed Yang, is a veteran of the three dynasties. At the time of His Majesty's grandfather, he was already the head of civil servants. Now that he is old, although he bears the title of first assistant Yuanwen, he is still unable to do what he wants, and gradually handed over the affairs to the second Assist Wen Heng.

    Thinking about it, it won't be long before the courtiers will call Wen Heng "Yuanweng".

    The chief assistant called for sick leave today and did not appear in the cabinet. When Wen Heng arrived, there were already two people seated in it. One was the very stable man who walked side by side with him when the court dispersed yesterday. His name was Qin He. , Table word Jingming.

    Qin He was eight years older than Wen Heng, and they were in the top three in the same year. He was fortunate to be appointed as the champion, while Wen Heng, because of his age, became the third best man.

    As for the second place on the list that year, it was the impatient middle-aged man with the surname Zhou Mingxian and the word Boda.

    Today, Wen Heng is already the imperial minister of the dynasty, the second assistant in the cabinet, and the minister of households.

    Qin He, although he was also admitted to the cabinet, is still the second-ranking censor of the Zuodu of the Metropolitan Procuratorate. He was iron-faced and fair, and the imperial censors in the court gave all the affairs under his jurisdiction. Even in the face of Wen Heng, he would not show any sympathy.

    Zhou Xian is now the servant of the third-grade Ministry of Industry, and he is not qualified to be selected as a cabinet minister. His official fortune is not as smooth as Wen Heng and Qin He, because of his impatience, he has offended many people. However, this is not without benefits for him. After a few more years of training and smoothing out his temper, he can be brought up and entrusted with important tasks.

    Apart from Chu Ci and the two of them, there were not many close people around Wen Heng.

    Yang Shoufu was not there, and there were only three cabinet ministers left, Wen Heng, Qin He, and Du Cheng. The latter was the second-rank official of the Ministry of War. When he heard this official position, he knew that he belonged to Ye Qing.

    Wen Heng nodded to them one by one, greeted them, and then sat firmly in his chair. Du Cheng walked over to him with a food box, put the food box on the desk in front of him, and pouted. Said: "This is brought to you by the general."

    After speaking, without giving Wen Heng time to refuse, he walked back to his seat, picked up the memorial at hand, bowed his head and made a serious review, but he was muttering in his heart that although the general did not have any bad relations with Wen Heng in the past, anyone with a discerning eye could see that, It was more difficult for the two of them to live together willingly and peacefully than to ascend to the sky. Why did you ask him to bring food to Wen Heng today?