017. cop retreat

Dean and Larissa are in the bunker and researching. Sam walks in, laptop in one hand, Athena in the other.

"Hey. We good?" Sam asks.

"Aces." Dean says. "Yeah, I love the smell of parchment in the morning."

"I mean, how much lore is even left? We've got nothing on the mark?" Sam asks.

"Right, you'd think these eggheads, with all the crap they amassed over the years, would have actually collected something important. Uh, here. "Hewolf/Shewolf: A Study in Werewolf Transgenderism." 600 pages, volume 1. But, uh, not something important like -- I don't know -- maybe the oldest symbol known to man. THat's not worth our time. It's not weird enough."

~ ~ ~

They're still researching when Sam's phone rings.

"No way." Sam chuckles, answering his phone. "Jody, how's it going?"

"Jody!" Athena looks up at her dad.

"Oh, you know. Having the time of my life at a sheriff's retreat in Hibbing." Jody says.

"Wow. Sounds like a blast." Sam remarks. Larissa and Dean both wave. "Uh, Dean and Lissy say hi."

"Yeah, Larissa told me you found him. How's he doing?" Jody asks.

"Good, good. Yeah, you know, uh, you know, hold on a sec, I'm gonna put you on speaker." Sam does so.

"Hey, Jody. How's Alex holding up?" Dean asks.

"Awesome. Already head of the cheerleading squad." Jody says.

"Jody!" Athena cheers. She grips onto the edge of the table and stands on her tippy toes, trying to find the woman, not understanding the voice only comes from the phone.

"Hey, Athena. How's my favorite little Winchester?" Jody asks. Her only response is the girl giggling.

"Wow. Really?" Sam asks.

"No, Sam, she smokes grass under the bleachers." Jody says.

"Oh, hey, that's what I did in high school." Larissa smiles. Sam and Dean look at her. "You know, when I... when I wasn't studying hardcore to get into an Ivy league college." Sam quietly laughs at her obvious sarcasm.

"Hey, at least she's not luring men to their deaths." Jody says.

"Right." Sam nods.

"Never did that." Larissa says.

"Listen, this may not be your kind of thing, but a body was found here this morning, and something had gone to chow town on it." Jody says.

"Uh, was the throat ripped out?" Sam asks.

"Worse. I'm hearing that all the flesh had been eaten down to the bones. Any ideas?" Jody asks.

"Well, it's not a vampire." Dean says.

"Yeah, I-I know, Jody. I-I got nothing." Sam says.

"Jody, um... we could head that way. Wouldn't be any trouble at all." Dean says.

"Nah, it's okay. I can handle it. I promise I'll call if it gets to be something I can't." Jody says.

"All right. Well, uh, enjoy the retreat." Sam says.

"Screw you, Winchester." Jody says and Sam laughs.

"Talk soon." He hangs up.

"I'mma swallow a bag of knives if I got to keep looking at this stuff. Let's--"

"Jody said she was on top of it, Dean." Sam says.

"Uh-huh." Dean nods, looking around at the books. He gives Larissa a pleading look.