089. lost hope

"I got it!" Dean announces, walking into the war room where Sam and Larissa are eating. "The answer to all of our problems maybe. So, we know that Chuck is weak, right? If we're to take our shot, now's the time. But a weak God is still God. So, how the hell are we supposed to take him down? Well, I was doing some thinking. What if the answer is right under our noses?"

Dean uncovers something, revealing the demon tablet.

"The demon tablet?" Sam asks.

"Boom." Dean grins. "If Chuck was so fucking invincible, then why wasn't he able to protect us from the dick demons or even the dicker angels? Cause, remember, these babies are dictated before he took a powder."

"So, he was worried if he couldn't protect humans. If he were to be... out of commission." Larissa says.

"Which is weird, considering that he's supposed to be untouchable, unless he is not untouchable." Dean says.

"So he has an Achilles heel." Sam says.

"Well, I'm saying he has a weak spot." Dean says.

"Yeah, that's-- that's--" Sam looks at his wife and she tries not to laugh.

"These hunks of rock, they're-- they're like an advanced directive, okay? In case something happens to Chuck because there is a crack in his invincibility shield."

"So we're looping Donatello back in? Yeah, he'll love that." Larissa comments.

+++

Donatello groans as he falls into an armchair in the library.

"I'm not sure I'm ready for this. What you're trying to do, it-it doesn't sound possible." Donatello says.

"Look, we know that Chuck overpowered his sister, the Darkness, and locked her up, so." Dean says.

"We may be able to lock him up, too." Cas states.

"Why don't you just kill him?" Donatello asks.

"God has to exist to maintain the balance of the universe. Without him, creation would fall apart." Sam says.

"Right, so, the best thing to do is toss him in solitary and throw away the key." Dean states.

"Okay, but the last time, it took the power of God to do this? I mean, even if he has a hidden flaw, do you have the power of God?" Donatello asks.

"You know what? Uh, one step at a time. You figure out how to lock him up, we'll take care of the rest." Sam says.

"Oh. And, guys. When I go crazy again... just shoot me." Donatello says.

~ ~ ~

Donatello is at the table and working with a bucket of chicken nearby. Everybody is gathered around and staring at him.

"Stop it." Donatello orders. He looks at Sam, Larissa, and Cas who start to look busy. He looks at Dean who looks anywhere but him.

"Oh. This is interesting." Donatello says after a few moments.

"What?" Dean asks.

"What is it?" Sam asks.

"There appear to be annotations, uh, personal observations." Donatello says.

"By Metatron?" Cas asks.

"By the scribe, yes. Uh, as if he were trying to give some context to God's actions." Donatello says.

"For example?" Dean asks.

""The Almighty guards His secret fear, but it is always there."" Donatello reads.