068. lucifer's end

Sam meets up with Larissa, Dean, Cas, and Jack outside of a boathouse.

"All right, gang's all here." Dean says. Sam stands next to Larissa, kissing her on the cheek making her smile.

"How many are inside?" Sam asks.

"I can hear three." Cas says. "Wait, maybe-- maybe four. They're talking about whether Kylie Jenner would make a good mother. The consensus is no."

"Yeah, well, that's why I'm a Khloe man." Dean says.

"You keep up with the Kardashians?" Larissa asks.

"...No." Dean mumbles. Larissa quirks an eyebrow and Dean clears his throat. "All right, we're talking werewolves." He changes the subject making Larissa roll her eyes. "Which means..." He motions to Jack.

"Silver bullets." Jack says.

"That's right." Dean nods. "So, you know the play. Let's do it to it."

Cas takes care of a werewolf that went outside for a smoke while the others go into the house. They barge in, three werewolves jumping up and baring their fangs at them.

Jack holds his hand out, using his power to hold them back as the three hunters shoot at them until they die.

+++

"Kid did great." Dean says as he, Sam, and Larissa walk down the hallway. Sam is holding Larissa's hand and has a beer bottle in his other hand.

"Yeah, no kidding." Sam says.

"I mean, he keeps this up, and..." Dean trails off.

"And what?" Sam asks.

"I don't know." Dean says as they stop walking and Dean turns to the two. "Hey, you remember... remember when you asked if we could stop it? All the evil in the world?"

"Yeah." Sam nods.

"If we could... really change things? Well, maybe with Jack, we can." Dean says.

"Maybe you're right. But then what will we do?" Sam asks.

"Mm. Yeah. This." Dean motions to his beer bottle. "A whole lot of this."

"You already do a whole lot of this." Larissa says, shaking her beer bottle.

"Yeah, but on a beach somewhere, you know?" Dean says. "Can you imagine? You two, me, Cas, toes in the sand, couple of them little umbrella drinks. Matching Hawaiian shirts, obviously. Some hula girls. You got Athena running up and down and forcing you two to go swim with her."

"You talking about retiring?" Sam asks. "You?"

"If I knew the world was safe? Hell, yeah. And you know why? Cause we fucking earned it, man."

"I'll drink to that." Sam says, holding his bottle up.

"Me, too." Larissa says.

"Yeah. Hell, yeah." Dean says.

"But I wouldn't be caught dead in a matching Hawaiian shirt with you." Larissa says.

"Well, then, guess we got a corpse on the trip." Dean says and Larissa gives him a sarcastic smile as Sam leads her down the hall before the two can start fighting.

"Do you ever think about it?" Larissa asks as they get to their room. "You know, retiring? The beach?"

"Uh... yeah. Ye-yeah, sometimes, I guess." Sam shrugs. "You know, raising... raising Athena in some sort of apple pie life. Her going to school, having friends, only ever worrying about sleepovers and-and dating. Not... not monsters or losing mommy and daddy again."