088. hungover

Sam, Larissa, and Athena are in the war room and hear the door open, Dean walking in with some grocery bags.

"Supply run is done." Dean announces. "Hey. You know they make ghost pepper jerky?"

"Uh, you're not gonna like it." Sam warns.

"What're you talking about? I like all jerkies." Dean says, sitting down with the bag.

"Dude. Ghost peppers are really hot." Sam states.

"Shut up. I wanna see where this goes." Larissa whispers to her husband who quietly chuckles.

"Please." Dean scoffs, opening the bag. Dean takes a piece of ghost pepper jerky out and sticks it in his mouth. He nods and smiles in delight, turning to look away.

"How is it?" Sam asks.

"It's good. It's really good. I like it. It's good flavor." Dean struggles to talk.

"Great. Uh, you should have another piece." Sam says.

"That's fine." Dean denies as Sam takes a water bottle out of the bag. Athena giggles at her uncle's pained expression that he tries to hide.

"Oh, thank you. Water. You mind if I...?" Sam asks and Dean nods. He starts shaking his head and gestures for the bottle which Sam opens. "What? What? Huh?" Dean gestures to the bottle. "Oh, you want..."

"Oh, he wants the water. Oh, sorry, Dean-o, but I-- I am just parched." Larissa says, letting out a small laugh. She takes the bottle from Sam and chugs most of the water. "Mm. That was really good."

Dean lightly bangs his fist on the table. Larissa smirks, rolling a water bottle over to him and he quickly grabs it, taking the cap off and taking a long drink.

"Mountain lion..." Dean gasps out.

"What? I didn't really catch that. Will you say it again, please?" Sam asks, sharing an amused smirk with his wife. Dean takes a few more gulps of water.

"Mountain lion... the case in Colorado with the mountain lion... where are we..."

"Wait. Say it one more time." Sam says.

"The case in Colorado with the mountain lion with the three dead. Where are we with that one?" Dean quickly manages to get out.

"Uh... we are at five." Sam says.

"What?" Dean asks, trying to not gag.

"We're up to five." Sam repeats.

"Then what are we doing here?" Dean asks. He pours water in his mouth and then over his head making Athena giggle. "Oh, sweet motherf--" He glances at Athena, managing to stop himself. "I'm gonna go get ready for..." He spits the piece of jerky out and leaves.

"You sure you wanna stay back?" Sam asks Larissa.

"Positive. Kinda tired of all the motel rooms. I can survive taking care of our kids without you for a couple of days." Larissa says. "Thena will be taking your place in bed."

"I would expect nothing less from you two." Sam chuckles. "I love you." He mumbles.

"I love you, too." Larissa grins, pecking him on the lips.

+++

Sam hangs up his phone, his other hand resting on Larissa's shins, her legs on his lap as they sit in the library. Dean walks in, giving Sam a glass of whiskey.

"That Cas?" Dean asks.

"Yeah, straight to voicemail. Again." Sam says.

"Yeah, well... we gave the heads up on Chuck and Lilith, so... what else are we supposed to do?" Dean asks, sitting down with his own glass of whiskey. "He was supposed to be gone. God was supposed to be gone."