030. homemade chicken

The four Winchesters are in Sioux Falls after Claire called Dean. They're sitting in the living room when the door opens, Jody and Alex walking in.

"Well, there goes the neighborhood." Jody teases. "Hi."

"Jody." Sam hugs her. "Hey. Let me help you out with those." He takes the groceries from her.

"Oh, thank you." She says. "Come here." She hugs Dean.

"It has been too long." Dean says.

"Hey." Jody greets. She hugs Larissa.

"Jody!" Athena runs up to her.

"Hi, my favorite little Winchester." Jody picks the toddler up.

"Clearly it's been too long, cause Alex, that is you, right?" Sam asks.

"I don't look that different." She objects.

"It's amazing what you can accomplish when you spend two hours in the bathroom every morning." Claire says.

"Since when are you even up in the morning? I'm surprised you're awake now." Alex says.

"Hey. I'm pretty sure they didn't come here to watch you two kill each other." Jody says, putting Athena down. Alex walks out. "Is everything okay? I didn't accidentally butt dial you or anything, did I? Or do I need to babysit? Usually I have more warning."

"I called." Claire states. "About the monsters. That you refuse to believe are monsters."

"Oh-- you gotta be kidding me. You know, if you'd checked in with me, I could have saved you a trip." Jody tells the three.

"Well, we figured we owed you a visit." Dean says.

"Yeah, one that doesn't involve dropping a toddler off with you." Larissa says.

"And you know what, actually-- I could use the backup." Jody says.

"Backup?" Larissa whispers.

"Let me have that." Jody takes the groceries from Sam. "I'm gonna put another chicken on. You settle in."

"You might wanna make it two." Dean says.

"Yeah." Sam whispers.

~ ~ ~

Larissa is hanging out in the kitchen while Jody cooks, the two making random conversation.

"So, uh... how are teenage girls?" Larissa asks.

"I'll just say this... be prepared." Jody says.

"That's not... not ominous." Larissa mutters.

"I mean, maybe it'll be different with you being Athena's mom, you know. But... whew." Jody shakes her head.

"Great." Larissa mumbles. Jody picks up one of the raw chickens, putting it on the counter, getting ready to season it. Larissa gags, covering her mouth as she moves away from the chicken.

"You okay?" Jody asks.

"Yeah. Yeah, no, I-I'm good, I just... the chicken is too much right now." Larissa says.

"Well, do you always get sick around raw chicken?" Jody asks.

"No. No, I just... I've been getting sick a bit the past couple of weeks. But never raw food. I mean, the only time I've gotten sick around uncooked food is when I was pregnant with Athena." Larissa says.

"So, you're... you're getting sick like throw up sick?" Jody asks.

"Yeah. Sometimes. Mostly just nausea, but puke does make an appearance every other morning or so." Larissa says.