039. funeral crasher

Dean knocks on the front door and after a moment, Jody answers it.

"Wow, you two look terrible." Jody comments. "What's wrong?"

"Sure, we'd love to come in." Dean remarks. He hugs Jody as he walks in.

"Hey." Sam kisses Jody's cheek, following Dean in.

"Hi." Larissa mutters, hugging the woman. Jody gives her a tight squeeze, this only being the second time to see her since she's lost the baby.

"Hey, sweetheart." Jody softly greets.

"Jody!" Athena grins, hugging the woman's legs.

"Ah, my favorite Winchester. It is definitely good to see you." Jody tells her.

"We just finished a hunt in Brookings." Sam informs.

"And you couldn't take a shower first?" Jody asks.

"Daddy and Uncle De stinky." Athena says.

"Yes. Yes, they are." Jody nods.

"Ha ha." Sam fake laughs. "We figured we'd stop by on the way home and see you, Claire, and Alex."

"Aw, that's fun. Unfortunately the girls are in Omaha for the weekend being angsty at a Radiohead concert. But I can feed you." Jody motions to the pizza box on the coffee table.

"Yes. All right. Oh. Uh... since the last time we saw you? I killed Hitler." Dean smiles.

"Oh." Sam rolls his eyes, grabbing Athena's hand and walking away.

"Thank you?" Jody says.

"You're welcome." Dean smiles and nods. He walks away. Jody's puzzled look goes to Larissa.

"I had it explained and I still don't know, honestly." Larissa says.

~ ~ ~

Jody is sitting in an arm chair while Athena is sitting in front of the coffee table, munching on pizza and she has chocolate milk. Dean, Sam, and Larissa are all on the couch. Sam has an arm around Larissa's back, circling around to rest on her hip.

Larissa curls into his side, her legs over his lap. Since they've both been in the grieving process together instead of pushing away, Larissa's gotten very touchy and always wants to have some sort of physical contact with Sam.

"Jody, you watching some kind of chick flick here?" Dean asks with his mouth full of pizza.

"Well, Dean, I'm a chick." Jody points out.

"No. No, no. You're-- you're a badass sheriff chick. You're not a-a rom com chick. Wait, are you a rom com chick?" Dean asks.

"Are you?" Jody asks.

"He's more of a, uh... animated Japanese erotica chick." Sam says with a smile. Larissa slightly smiles at Sam outing his brother.

"Really?" Jody asks, leaning forward in interest. Dean glares at Sam who smiles.

"Mm-hmm." Sam nods.

The phone in the kitchen rings.

"I need to leave this scintillating conversation." Jody gets up and walks out.

"Don't tell her that." Dean tells Sam.

"Tell her what?" Sam asks.

"It's Jody, man." Dean frowns.

"Dude, be proud of your hobbies. It makes you who you are." Sam says before laughing. Larissa smiles in amusement.

Jody walks through the living room and to her room.