029. not uncle cas

Sam tosses and turns as he hears Lucifer's voice in his head. He opens his eyes and sits up. Sam gets out of bed and gets dressed and brushes his teeth before walking out.

Larissa finally opens her eyes, looking back at the shut door sadly.

~ ~ ~

Larissa walks into the kitchen where Sam is standing at the counter and cleaning weapons.

"Hey." She mumbles, still half asleep.

"Hey." Sam says, though he doesn't look at her.

"You okay?" Larissa asks.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." Sam nods.

"Sammy... you're still a shit liar." Larissa says.

"I'm fine. Really." Sam insists.

"Did you not just hear me?" Larissa asks.

"No, I-I did, it's-- it's nothing." Sam says. "I'm good."

"Okay, hey, hey, babe. Baby, stop." Larissa takes the weapon out of his hands, putting it down. "Come on, look at me." She turns him to face her and holds onto the front of his flannel. "You remember what we're doing here? You know, we promised no secrets. We wanna do this whole tell the truth, healthy marriage thing? We can't do that if you're lying."

"I'm not lying." Sam argues and Larissa gives him a look.

"You won't look at me. That means you're lying." Larissa says. "Here, hey. I-I will give you a truth, you give me a truth."

"Like what?" Sam asks.

"Uh... I hated your sideburns." Larissa says.

"What?" Sam asks.

"Yeah. They... I didn't like them. I'm sorry. I'm not a sideburn person." Larissa says.

"Wh--" Sam frowns. "Whatever." He mumbles.

"Okay, now you give me a truth. You know, about your feelings or-or maybe some little thing or some embarrassing thing from when you were a kid." Larissa says.

"Okay, here's a truth -- I'm fine." Sam says.

"Not a truth. Lie. I let have Athena ice cream for breakfast one time."

"Yeah, I know. She told me all about it."

"What?" Larissa asks and Sam nods. "That snitch." She mutters.

"She's two." Sam says.

"Still." Larissa says.

"Larissa..." Sam gently creates a bit of space between them. "I'm okay."

"Yeah. Yeah, no, the, um, the use of my full name and the pushing me away totally vouches for that." Larissa says. "I'm gonna go check on Athena then get some more sleep. When you would like to stop lying, come find me."

+++

They get out of the Impala and Larissa gets Athena out of her car seat.

"Seriously? This is an old folks' home?" Sam asks.

"Looks awesome." Dean says. "Maybe we ought to make a reservation."

"Yeah, we should be lucky to live long enough." Sam scoffs, going inside.

"He talk to you?" Dean asks.

"No. He talk to you?" Larissa asks.

"No." Dean shakes his head.

~ ~ ~

Sam and Larissa walk into the room Dean is in and Sam drops a bunch of pill bottles in front of Dean.