Volume 11, Idle talk 4 A certain bulletin board resident's story The fourth

"Yo, long time no see~. Ah, one ramen!"

"Welcome, wait, it's Akira-kun! Long time no see~"

The suburbs which were a little over an hour to the north of Kumamoto city by car.

A man appeared at a ramen shop.

Whenever the man went home, he would go to the ramen shop here to eat.

By the way, this store was not the so-called "Kumamoto Ramen" store. They were popular for their local ramen of rich tonkotsu soup and medium fine noodles, but they were still minor. Moreover, despite their location that was in the suburbs, the store seemed to be thriving.

"Aah, like I thought, the ramen here is delicious. I'll get used to the thick soup that's shining golden with the pork fat. Ah, occhan(uncle/middle-aged man), another serving of noodles!"

"Sure thing~. Akira-kun, where did you go this time?"

"You know, it was winter. I worked at a resort in Hokkaido!"

He was not speaking to himself.

He was conversing with the shopkeeper across the counter.

"Free and enviable as always, eh! And so, are you going to be here for a while? Here, another serving!"

"I saved up money too, so maybe!"

It was a very non committal man.

Moreover this man was over thirty years old.

Though he wasn't punished to be single, he was too free.

  □ □ ■ ■ □ ■ ■ □ □

"I'm home~"

"Ooh, It's you Akira! Welcome home"

The man, having finished eating the ramen to his heart's desire, again returned to his house for the first time in several months after moving.

Once known as the producer of Japan's number one watermelons, it has now become a town of Kumamoto City.

Nevertheless, it was frivolous despite being a greeting of his return after four months. The person himself and his family were both frivolous.

Cheerful and pure, but obstinate individualists who would not give up to whatever anybody says once they themselves have decided once.

As expected of a Higo mokkosu. (TL: 肥後もっこす; apparently it's what they call the uncouth people from Kumamoto prefecture)

Both the family and the man gave up saying anything. In the end, the whole family were individualists.

"Righties, I guess I'll start the PC for the first time in a while"

Having returned to his room, the man headed to his computer desk as soon as he unpacked.

There were no deep reasons for it.

It was just that he somehow felt like doing so.

"My emails... Well, I've seen them on the other side. Time to kill some time I'd say"

Immediately the man began surfing on the net.

He was an utterly free person. Is someone in his thirties okay with this?

Well, the person himself did not seem to worry about it at all though.

"The first bulletin board after a long time away...hm? No way, found an interesting one!"

He was speaking to himself in his room and yet he was cheerful for some reason. In a sense he was a more dangerous man than Yuuji or the other shut-in NEETs.