Volume 11, Chapter 1 Yuuji, hearing the news of the wyvern from Kevin

Yuuji, Alice and Riese.

The three were talking leisurely in front of the fence dividing the pioneer land and the forest.

Kotarou, who was being on guard around her at a place slightly away from them, raised her head and moved her ears with twitches.

Kotarou shifted her eyes towards the trails connecting to the city and barked. It was like she was saying Yuuji, somebody is here.

Affirmation when barking once to their question and negation when barking twice. Yuuji trained Kotarou with that, but as a result, the times Kotarou barked increased. She was noisy. But that cannot be helped. Kotarou had no choice but to make sound more often in order to avoid being misunderstood as a negation or affirmation.

"What's wrong, Kotarou? Hm? Is someone coming? Could it be Mr Kevin?"

Seeing Kotarou barking towards the trails, Yuuji too looked at the trails.

When he waited for a little while, the figures of over ten people could be seen eventually.

"Hmm, the one leading them looks like Mr Kevin. There's somehow a lot of them, but I wonder what happened.... Heey, Mr Kevin!"

When Yuuji greatly waved his hand, Kevin who was spearheading the advance, seemed to have noticed him.

"Huh? Aren't they in a rush for some reason?"

Yuuji tilted his head to such a state.

Beside Yuuji, Alice too tilted her small head.

Spring of the fifth year since Yuuji came to this world.

Kevin's planned visit brought about unforeseen news.

"I'm glad everyone has been brought here along safely! Mr Yuuji, looking at you, all of the pioneer citizens are safe, aren't they?"

"Eh? Everyone's fine though... Mr Kevin. Did something happen?"

"Well... this time I've brought the woodworkers and the master, because they wanted to come here early at any cost, but... we happened to see a wyvern on the way, you see. Moreover it seems to be looking for food"

"Aah, it's because it's spring isn't it? Every year around this time the wyvern would fly over here, grab a goblin and fly away"

"That's right, you did say that Mr Yuuji... By the way Mr Yuuji, do you remember the fight in autumn?"

"Oh please Mr Kevin, how could I forget that? We took Riese in custody after that, and we haven't received remuneration at the adventurers guild yet either!"

"Mr Yuuji... do you remember the monsters we went against? Have you encountered those monsters since then?"

"It was a goblin and orc village wasn't it? We exterminated them together with everyone, so we no longer caught any sights of goblins or orcs in the winter and none this spring either...ah"

"That is right. Even along the road back from the pioneer land at the end, we did not encounter any goblins and orcs either. The wyvern flew here in search for food in that state"

Perhaps finally understanding him, Yuuji opened his eyes wide.

At Yuuji's feet, Kotarou stared in wonder as well. She looked like she was surprised. She was a wise woman. She was a dog though.

On the other hand, Alice did not seem to understand it well yet. She was staring in puzzlement.

Riese, who joined hands with her, did not understand the circumstances. She learned simple words of the local language, but it still seems to be difficult to understand the conversation of Yuuji and Kevin.