Chapter 5, Part 1. Yuuji, Spending Time Every Day to Clear the Land and to Train

「Yuuji-nii, Alice finished watering the garden!」(Alice)

「Ooh, thank you for the help, Alice. I need to cut some tree in this area, do you want to help?」(Yuuji)

「Un. Alice will help!」(Alice)

It had been awhile since Yuuji began clearing the surrounding area. Spring had passed on and summer was soon closing in.

Alice was watering in a corner of the garden that had been turned into a backyard farm.

Using the seeds and seedlings received from Kevin the peddler, Yuuji dug up the garden with a shovel, scattered it with humus taken from the forest, and turned it into a quasi-farm field. Rather than planting to expect for the harvest, this was more like an experimental farm.

However, the development for the actual farm field wasn't that favorable.

Currently, the southern area that faced Yuuji's house gate had the undergrowth cleared, exposing the stumps of the fallen trees. Although the opened area had approached the climbing rope mark, it was still overgrown with lush green trees even now.

By the way the eastern, western and northern sides were still untouched.

「Alright, since Alice will also help, let's cut some more trees today! Even so, we need to root out the stumps soon......」(Yuuji)

It didn't mean that Yuuji hasn't challenged himself to root out the stumps. However, it wasn't something that could be done just by one person power.

After cutting the roots around the stumps and tying the stump with climbing rope, he had to and then pull it out will all his power before it finally became uprooted. After he rooted out one stump, Yuuji decided to postpone it.

That led to the present condition where there were still a lot of tree stumps left behind. It was something natural. After all, in a certain Viking manga, it was a hard labor even for two muscular males to do this to the point where they needed to borrow a horse.1

「Ummm, if I can use magic...... *Kospaw*! The tree got cut, *Bgor*! The stumps were pulled out...... As expected, I need to learn magic in the future......」(Yuuji)

Because Kotarou was guarding the surroundings, she wasn't near Yuuji. So Yuuji was completely talking to himself.

In the morning after breakfast, Yuuji and Alice did the radio exercise. Afterwards, throughout the mild morning, Alice tended to the backyard farm while Yuuji was clearing the land.

After eating a light lunch, Yuuji and Alice practiced magic in the garden. After it reached Alice's nap time, Yuuji would brandish the hatchet as weight exercise plus battle practice or something...

After the sun slipped behind the horizon, Yuuji would enter the home as it was time to teach Alice's lessons.

Since he had begun working the land, Yuuji's everyday schedule was generally like this. Compared to his time as a HikiNEET, his current days were relatively far healthier.

By the way, Kotarou was together with Yuuji and Alice one day, hunting-slash-patrolling surroundings the next day. It was quite hectic, but she passed her days as she pleases. She is a woman who doesn't want to be restrained, she is a dog though.

「Alright! There is no use for grumbling, so let's do some land development! Since it is dangerous, Alice needs to step back a bit, okay?」(Yuuji)

"Yes~", Alice answered energetically, so Yuuji once again brandished the axe for today.

✦✧✦✧

Currently Yuuji and Alice were trimming the branched of the tree that Yuuji had cut down.