Chapter 9, Part 15: Yuuji, taking the young elven girl to the pioneer land

"Thank you, Lord Yuuji. Though our connections with elves are weak, there is a likelihood that it would have an affect in the distant future should something happen. I will be conveying this matter to the feudal lord"

With the pioneer leader Yuuji acknowledging the elven girl's sojourn, the guildmaster showed relief on his face. It appears that was a load off his mind.

Perhaps happy that she could become acquainted to the elven girl, Riese , Alice looked up to Riese with face full of smiles. She looked like she would speak to her at any time if she were to be able to communicate with words.

Yuuji, standing next to such Alice, talked to Riese.

'Speaking of which, what is the thing that you lost? Shall we form parties and search for it?'

'I can't say that. It's the secret of the elven village! But, I guess... It's inside a bag of about this size. Even though I hung it around my neck so that I won't lose it...'

The elven girl Riese said and created a square of around five centimeters with her slender fingers. It seems to be the size of what is called a charm in Japan.

"Ooh, that's tiny... So we're looking for something of that size from inside the forest... I don't think it's possible as you can expect. What do you think, Kotarou?"

Hearing Riese's words, Yuuji brought the subject to Kotarou. He seems to be thinking if it would work out somehow with a dog's sense of smell.

*sniff sniff* Kotarou sniffed the smell of the beautiful elven girl. She is not a pervert.

Perhaps she remembered the smell, this time she sniffed the state around her and barked. However, what showed on her face was a stern expression. I know the smell, but it may be difficult for me, is what she seems to be saying. Kotarou sniffed around the place Riese was lying at and then began to walk towards the forest.

Seeing Kotarou walking, Yuuji talked to the guildmaster.

"Mr Salomon, I'm thinking we should depart if it's no problem to you. Mr Kevin is still in the pioneer land. I think he will go back to the city before it genuinely begins to snow, so please talk to Mr Kevin if there is anything"

"Alright, I will work out the details once Lord Kevin returns to the city. Lord Yuuji, honestly, thank you"

The right hand that the guildmaster had presented. Gripping that hand, Yuuji exchanged a handshake and then assumed his way back to the pioneer land. While looking for the elf's lost property along the way.

  □ □ ■ ■ □ ■ ■ □ □

Yuuji, Alice, the elven girl Riese, Kevin's exclusive escort Aias and the former third rank adventurers party leader and male scout of the pioneer land residents went through the forest, following the guiding Kotarou.

The second day after leaving the monster's village.

Pursuing the smell of the young elven girl, the group went off the animal trail and proceeded slowly to the northwest direction. They were looking for Riese's lost property, relying on Kotarou's nose.

'Yeeaah, we can't find it can we... Come to think of it, why did you leave the village? You don't remember the landscape around here do you?'

Yuuji asked many times over if she remembers the surrounding landscape, but Riese only shook her head. Arriving here, Yuuji finally asked the question why Riese left her village.

'Riese is already a lady, that's why I thought about picking my food on my own! But I accidentally got lost and it turned dark, so I thought about searching for my village after it's bright because there's no other choice and... when I noticed, I was carried by them...'