Yuuji, fighting the wyvern together with the pioneer citizens

"Mr Yuuji, it's here!"

"Okay! Everyone, go according to strategy!"

Spring of the fifth year since Yuuji had come to the other world.

Just as Kevin was worried about, the pioneer land was discovered by the wyvern after all. There were few spaces where the forest was open. It was as natural as it would be.

Yuuji consulted with the bulletin board, discussed with Kevin and Riese about magic and the woodworker master and Thomas about the things they could make.

Several days of preparing and hiding indoors whenever the wyvern came flying in.

Due to the wyvern flying here at a nearly settled time in the morning, the preparation advanced favorably.

And so, their preparations were ready and they had done a rehearsal.

Today.

Today would be the day of their decisive bout with the wyvern.

Inside the mystery barrier of Yuuji's house were Yuuji, Alice, Riese and Kotarou.

Beside them were also the tank Dominique, scout Enzo and the archer Celine of the former adventurers party.

Kevin and his two exclusive escorts holding crossbows.

Yuuji's slave and dogkin Marcel, Mark and the catkin Nina setting up her bow.

The two seamsters too were waiting for their turn in the garden separated from the gate.

What the former adventurers party and Kevin's escorts were holding were not their own weapons. Those with the exception of the residents were unable to bring in their weapons after all. Each of their weapons were placed right outside the site.

The bows and crossbows were things provided by Kevin as "Property of the pioneer land". They weren't their own weapon, but the archer duo and the two exclusive escorts were of the opinion that "well, it should not be a problem at this distance."

The woodworkers Thomas and his master were inside the residential complex. These few days they displayed great efforts in creating bows and arrows and items requested by Yuuji. But then again, with the exception of Thomas and his two assistants who had been living in the pioneer land, they were surprised by Yuuji's ideas. Thomas and his two assistants were experienced. They showed understanding after hearing his purpose.

The two adventurers and five criminal slaves who were attached to road construction labor were inside the tent standing near the wooden fence.

It seems that Yuuji did not make the decision to use the criminal slaves as decoy. Sure enough, Thomas and Blaise had brought up the decoy plan as well however.

Hearing Yuuji's decision to that, Kotarou barked once. Barking once meant yes. That's right, you're fine that way, Yuuji, she seemed to be saying. She was a gentle woman to her family. Since she was a dog.

The southeast direction from the pioneer land.

A tiny speck could be seen in the faraway skies.

Eventually, that speck closed in and exposed itself to the attentively watching pioneer citizens.

Its grandly spread wings were around ten meters. Midway the edges of its wings were claws.

Its streamlined slender body was grey.

Its head looked even longer and narrower than a lizard head, and fangs peeked out of its mouth.

Its rear legs that would take away its prey were not grasping anything at this time.