Yuuji, Repulsing the Hostile Bipedal-Walking Pig-like Creature

The next day after they had talked about magic and Echelons, Kevin the peddler departed in order to manufacture trial products of the preserved food. So that oatmeal and smoked food could be marketed before the winter, he returned back earlier than he had planned.

Currently, Yuuji was outside in the garden and was verifying his light magic.

「Light Oh Light, Please Shine Bright on This Land. Floating Light.」(Yuuji)

It was the first magic that he had been able to use before Kevin arrived, it was activated today, too.

Alice and Kotarou were playing by chasing after the ephemeral-like light that was gently floating in the air.

Even when it collided with Alice's hand, or Kotarou's body when she jumped, the light passed through.

「Fufufu, maybe my attribute is Light, huh? The dream can't be stopped! If it is Light, then perhaps I can use Healing Magic. Or maybe something like a Laser, or something like a dazzler...... But the first thing that I will test is this!」(Yuuji)

As Yuuji spoke, he took out a short sword that he had received from Kevin. By the way, he was completely talking to himself. Since Alice and Kotarou had gotten used to it, they just smoothly ignored Yuuji's monologue.

「The force which dwells inside me, time to awaken and become my sword! May the Fourth, be with you!1」(Yuuji)

The magic didn't activate. Naturally. Since he didn't have the 'you know what' force, it would be difficult for him to master its use, also in the first place, that 'you know what' weapon is a mechanical weapon.2

「Huhhh? How strange... Is it not enough to imagine the sword clad in it? Then what if we try to make it appear from the hand! The force which dwells inside me, time to awaken and become my sword! May the Fourth, be with you!」(Yuuji)

Yuuji thrust his right hand into the sky, and began to chant his imagination of a light sword appearing in his open palm.

The magic didn't activate.

Alice, who was playing, stopped her feet and looked at Yuuji with a puzzled expression.

"Woof, woof" Kotarou called to Alice, as if to say.

"Alice, don't look at him, okay?"3 (Kotarou)

✦✧✦✧

During the magic practice that Yuuji performed after breakfast, he had tried Healing Magic, Laser, Light sword, and optical camouflage, but in the end, except for light ball, his attempts at casting magic failed. Yuuji was murmuring, "maybe my level is not enough?" and other similar nonsense.

Currently, it was in the afternoon after they had finished eating lunch, in the southern cleared area.

「Ooh, seeing it like this, it has progressed quite well...... It is full of holes from magic, though. We-well, it can surely still be planted, surely!」(Yuuji)

So that it would be easier to root out the stumps, Alice created depressions in the ground by using her magic. Certainly, it made cutting the roots easier and removing the stumps remarkably faster, but just like what Yuuji said, the ground was full of holes. Although he had disposed of the roots that he had cut, there were still roots remaining under the ground. The end was still far.

「Alright, Alice, Kotarou, it's been awhile, but let's go food harvesting today! Let's also test out what it feels when moving while wearing the weapons and armors that Kevin had brought.」(Yuuji)

It seemed that Yuuji was trying to escape from the current state of land clearing.

"Yes~" Alice answered energetically. Maybe because she also agreed, Kotarou swung her tail excitedly. She seemed to be in a good mood.