Chapter 6, Part 2: Yuuji, Discussing about Man-Power with Kevin the Peddler

「Good morning, Yuuji-san」(Kevin)

Kevin greeted Yuuji, who was diligently working on the field day by day.

「O, oh, Kevin-san. Good morning. It seems that you are really happy.」(Yuuji)

Yuuji raised his face and wiped off the sweat before returning the greeting. Certainly, Kevin the peddler had this perpetual grin and his appearance was very lively.

The season was spring.

The offline meeting participants and goods never appear near Yuuji, but Yuuji had pulled himself together and then began to work. It might be considered as just running away from reality, though.

He would clear the land for the entire morning, and then from noon he would maintain the field or fell the trees on the eastern side. Recently, these activities were the main contents of Yuuji's schedule.

While Yuuji was clearing and reclaiming the land, Kotarou was either patrolling the surroundings or playing with Alice in the garden. Alice, too, was doing her own things by herself while Yuuji was working. Swinging the hoe alone by himself had become Yuuji's daily routine.

「How I should put it, the first commercialized product, the oatmeal stick, is selling well. The selling price is cheap, but we have a steady profit. As expected, doing business with Yuuji-san turned out well! Ah, this is Yuuji-san's promised portion. Since I also wrote down the sales numbers and money, more or less, please confirm it.」(Kevin)

While saying so, Kevin the peddler handed over a piece of parchment and a small bag.

Yuuji casually received it and opened the bag to peek at the insides.

There was a glimmer from several silver and copper coins.

「Oh, oh, ooooooooooo......」(Yuuji)

Yuuji made a squeal while frozen stiff.

Yes.

For the first time in his life, he earned money through his own hand.

Although he was just selling knowledge that he had brought from somewhere else, so it was questionable whether this could be considered as earning money through his own hands.

「Yuuji-san, Yuuji-san! Are you alright? Is something wrong?」(Kevin)

Yuuji finally came to his senses when Kevin called him.

「Ah, I'm sorry...... This is the first time I have ever earned some money, so I was a bit surprised......」(Yuuji)

「Is that so...... Well, I have a rough idea about the container for the canned food, therefore, from now on you will obtain even more money!」(Kevin)

Seeing Yuuji so surprised, Kevin informed him while having a pleased expression.

✧✦✧✦

This was the third time that Kevin the peddler had visited Yuuji.

After lunch was over, Kevin and Yuuji began to discuss through the gate while sitting in their usual folding chairs.

Kevin's exclusively contracted adventurer trio started to chop the trees on the eastern side. Perhaps this also began to become their usual conduct.

Alice also did her best, but she was defeated by the sleepiness and went to the house with Kotarou to have a nap.

「Even so...... You have even made a field. The land reclamation had some progress, I see.」(Kevin)

「Well, since it's only me and Alice, so it didn't progress that much.」(Yuuji)

"No, no, for just one adult, this is already fast", "No, no, that's not true." The conversation between both of them was surprisingly Japanese-like.1