Chapter 4, Part 9

Chapter 4, Part 9 Yuuji, Negotiating with the Peddler to Receive Information about Visitor from Another World

「Good morning, Kevin-san」(Yuuji)

It was the following morning after the peddler Kevin arrived at the house.

With drowsy eyes, Yuuji greeted Kevin.

As a result of consulting with the bulletin board and thinking all night, the shadow in the corner of his eyes really stood out.

Beside Yuuji was Kotarou.

"Because I'll be worried if I'm not there" (Kotarou)

Today Kotarou also watched over the conversation between Yuuji and Kevin.

Alice was house-sitting inside.

「Good morning, Yuuji-san. Well, have you thought about it?」(Kevin)

「Yes, plenty. But, first I want to know something, what kind of existence are these "Visitors"? How many of them do you know of?」(Yuuji)

「That's right, it was a story from back then. It was a story that I had heard when I was still an apprentice at the large store, because it's a legend that was passed down through many merchants, it might not be accurate information. It was quite a long story......」(Kevin)

While unfolding a collapsible chair similar to a folding chair that he brought, Kevin also handed over a chair to Yuuji who then reached out his hand over the gate.

Kevin and Yuuji sat down on the backless chairs.

✦✧✦✧

Only the nobles and merchant who receive education and intellectual classes like a village chief knew about it, but even among them there were many who doubted it.....

With this introduction, Kevin began to tell the story, 

Visitors were, in other words, people from another world who rarely appeared in this world. They appeared at various times and places, with only legends and records remaining in the places they appeared, Kevin narrated.

At least within Kevin's scope of knowledge, currently, in this country and the nearby countries, there were no other Visitors. Maybe the Visitors concealed their identity and lived normally. There was also possibility that they weren't been found by anyone just like Yuuji, or they might be hiding under someone's protection.......

When Yuuji heard Kevin's words, he originally thought he could meet with someone from the same hometown, but was now dejected.

"I am here, you know." (Kotarou)

Kotarou's fur that nestled close to him, comforted Yuuji's heart.

From here on, was the important part....... so Yuuji continued to listen to Kevin's stories.

If someone examines the legends and records, the past visiting Visitors had done many things.

A certain person could cut a huge dragon with one sword swing.

A certain person sweep clean entire armies with magic

There was also a certain person who popularized new cuisine, staved off famine, and afterwards enriched the people's diet.

A certain person amassed great wealth with his knowledge.

A person who held valor and rose up from commoner to noble in one generation.

A person who made great achievements as adventurer.

There was a certain Visitor, who was said to have personally founded a nation in the distant east from this country. The truth had since been lost under the weight of the long history, but the nobles wo descended from him believe that the Founder King was a Visitor even until today.