Chapter 8, Idle talk 1 A certain bulletin board resident's story The Second

.N.

The second story of the bulletin board resident.

Just because it's a NEET board, doesn't mean it's limited to NEETs!

————————————————–

The tested land.

In its large city hall.

One man was facing the PC today as well.

"Excuse me chief clerk Tanaka, it's the usual person again. Can I leave the reception to you?"

A junior approached and requested the man in a small voice.

"Yes, that's fine" the man stood up like it was nothing and headed to the reception.

The junior and section chief saw off that man with looks of respect.

Tanaka Ryouta, age thirty six.

A city hall staff member living in the tested land.

The man's first attachment is the section named 'Listen to the voices of the citizens'

Putting it simply, it's a claim reception.

It's a section where each sections would send consultees they could not handle to, and a section which would do nothing but listen to stories of persons who have already become regular customers.

Of course there are useful opinions. Baby salmons are mixed in the salmons after all. There is one in ten thousand.

Even when the name of the section changed, the man's attachment did not. And so when he noticed, he was recognized as a reception interaction specialist and before he knew it, he became chief clerk.

  □ □ ■ ■ □ ■ ■ □ □

The time the man was dealing with the regular customer at the reception.

At the office kitchenette, there were the figures of two temporary workers. It didn't mean they were idling. They were just making coffee for themselves for a short time. By no means were they idling.

"Ugh, isn't that the usual troublesome customer? Chief clerk Tanaka is amazing isn't he? He is always listening happily to him"

"It would have been impossible for me. For the most part it's just complains that has nothing to do with the government office isn't it? He could've just send him away"

"Senpai, you're harsh aren't you? But he looks a little overweight for a government worker, but I guess his face isn't giving him the forever alone punishment. He looks gentle too, I wonder if I should aim for him. A job change from temporary worker to housewife!"

"Aah, it's better if you give up on him. We had some girls like that, but all of them met an honorable defeat"

"Wow... Is he, is he gay?"

"It doesn't look like it, but... Besides, you know, it's the way he works, so the section chief and those above him can't say anything to chief clerk Tanaka. Only he has extraterritorial rights you know"

"All of the girls were honorably defeated, nobody can meddle with him at work. Chief clerk Tanaka got a nickname from that you know?"

"Eh!? What is that!? Hey, please tell me, okay!"

"It's the 'Untouchable man,' you know"

"So- somehow it's pointlessly cool..."

  □ □ ■ ■ □ ■ ■ □ □

The section chief, who was the superior to the man, called out to him when he safely finished the reception interaction today as well.

"Chief clerk Tanaka, thanks for your hard work. You can call it a day today once you've put up the report, okay?"