Chapter 7, Part 9 Yuuji and Alice, doing adventurer registration

Having finished with the negotiation, Yuuji and the others went to the training grounds behind the adventurer's guild.

"Since you're already here, how about you register as adventurers?" Per Kevin's recommendation, it was decided that the guildmaster himself would perform the test to measure the required fighting strength to register.

Guildmaster Salomon told the adventurers who were zealous in their training "You all go somewhere else" and earnestly drove them away from the training grounds.

Because "I can't bear any more of you picking fights with them, spare me from the trouble", the guildmaster forcibly crammed the adventurers into the building.

Now the only people on the training grounds were the guildmaster, Kevin and his guard, Yuuji, Alice and Kotarou.

Having driven out the adventurers, the guildmaster picked up a sword among the weapons of the training ground that were lined up in a row alongside the wall.

"This is for measuring your fighting strength, so mine is wooden. There are for the most part weapons with their edges blunted, so please use what you like, Lord Yuuji."

Being told this, Yuuji left behind his own short spear and picked up a metal spear whose edges were blunted. As for the shield, it seems he would keep using his own.

While saying "Err well, I'm getting nervous somehow aren't I?", Yuuji headed towards the center of the training grounds together with the guildmaster. On every other direction were observation structures alongside the walls.

"Good. Now, come hit me in whichever way you like"

Having stopped his feet at the center of the training grounds, the guildmaster set up his wooden two-handed sword in the middle position. The same could be said about his wording, but the air around him since then had transformed.

However much he may have been 50 years of age, a muscular, fiendish looking man whose large scar from his mouth to his cheek remained, set up his weapon with vigor.

Being overpowered, Yuuji gulped. Although he had killed numerous monsters and received training from Kevin's escorts, this was the first time he faced someone of higher rank.

Yes.

Although the guildmaster had retired for a long time, he was formerly a first rank adventurer.

Yuuji went for a wait and see approach with the shield in his left hand set up in front of his body and the head of the spear in his right hand pointed towards the guildmaster. Of course, an opening will not appear from the guildmaster. Instead, Yuuji was being cornered by the eyes of a warrior who had gone through a point between life and death.

"Yuuji-nii, do your beest" Alice's voice reached Yuuji's ears.

"Aagh, this is training, let's go" encouraging himself with that, Yuuji stepped in and thrusted his spear.

*clack* it was easily repelled. The guildmaster's stance did not collapse.

Even so, perhaps his nervousness came apart by doing an attack once; Yuuji unleashed attacks one by one. He lunged, swept and swung down. The face, upper body, hands, waist and feet. Wherever he attacked they were easily repelled.

Perhaps he had roughly seen Yuuji's attacks, it had reached the point where the guildmaster mixes in attacks of his own. Having seen Yuuji's defenses this time, the guildmaster unleashed various attacks. Yuuji somehow defended against them, but he gradually struggled to breathe.

Everyone is away from me so it should be fine, Yuuji thought and resolved himself.

"Light oh light, emit your radiance. Flash(But I'm not bald okay)."