Yuuji, receiving the report regarding the investigation of goblins & orcs

The next day after the pioneer land's first harvest festival and Alice's birthday party was performed.

The tax collector in charge of the pioneer land, who is also the magistrate of Premie city, as well as Yuuji and Kevin were having a deep talk in regards to the future plans of the pioneer land at the space in front of the gate where the tree stumps are placed.

Alice was loitering around the residents who each began their respective work.

On her clothes that was created in this world, on her chest was a cloth rose corsage she got as a birthday present. It was a mild autumn weather, but a fox scarf was wrapped around her neck. She was a fashionista who was ahead of season. No, it seems that she merely wanted to boast about her presents however.

Alice took along Kotarou as her attendant and stood grinningly near the dogkins Marcel and Mark who were doing farmwork. She wanted to boast about her presents, but it was not something she herself would say. It was a girl's complicated feelings.

Marcel and Mark noticed her appearance and exchanged their morning greetings. "Oh, Alice-chan, you're wearing the muffler aren't you! It suits you," Marcel praised. Alice suddenly broke into a smile.

Mark became bashful seeing that face. Before Mark could say anything in the end, Alice briskly went away. Mark dropped his shoulders, crestfallen. Alice-chan, you're cute, he murmured softly. Of course that did not reach Alice's ears. Kotarou looked over her shoulder as if to tell him "do your best". Mark's prime of his life is still far away it seems.

Alice's next target was the woodworker Thomas and his assistant team who were being zealous in their house construction.

It appears she is going to loiter around in that appearance the whole day today. She is very happy about it isn't she, Kotarou seemingly said as she obediently moved together with Alice. She was a caring woman. She's a dog though.

"There are no problems in our defensive battle power, so we are thinking about cultivating the agricultural land during the winter and recruit some farmer households who are interested in migrating together with the thawing of the snow. We have someone who can direct the farmwork, so retired adventurers could be fine as well I suppose. During the winter I would like to start with the preparations of the smithy as well"

Kevin spoke of the pioneering plans with the magistrate. Yuuji went "I see," hearing Kevin's thoughts. He was the pioneer group leader though. No, it may not be so strange if one would think of Kevin as his sponsor.

"Hum... Do you not intend to accept criminal slaves? I do not mind even if you work them like a horse though"

Having listened to Kevin, the magistrate asked a question to the pioneer group leader Yuuji.

"Criminal slaves, is it... I've heard about it from Mr Kevin, but that is still a little..."

Pioneering is heavy labor. They may certainly be appealing as a working force, but Yuuji, who was raised in modern day Japan, seemed opposed to criminal slaves to whom he is obliged to impose heavy labor with crude necessities of life.

The slaves of this world are able to buy themselves back and it is not unusual for commoners to follow them if they are specialized in a field, like Marcel who directs the farmwork. For that reason, even Yuuji was not that opposed to being the master of the dogkin slave, Marcel.

However, it is a different story when it comes to criminal slaves. Because their social position of slave is a punishment on top of causing an illegal act, their lord are requested to treat them worse than a certain standard. That Yuuji has psychological resistance to that was natural.